Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default 2019 Roster Updated

https://gophersports.com/roster.aspx...&path=football

Now updated with summer enrollees on Campus. Thoughts:

Anders Gelecinskyj came to party.

Guedet got huge fast.

Curtis Dunlop is listed at the same weight as last year, but looks thinner in the face to me.

Umlor moved to Oline (maybe I missed that earlier)

Logan Richter is massive.

and finally...

General Manager Gerrit Chernoff already has the name, title and look of a really solid heel stable manager in the WWE.

Apologies if this has already been posted

Umlor was moved to TE before spring, must have bulked up more and moved him again.

Word on Benjamin St-Juste? I thought he was eligible immediately, but he's not on the roster? Is he not enrolling for the fall (forgive me if this was answered somewhere else)

Annexstad's photo makes him look like that obnoxious mean kid from the Harry Potter movies - Malfoy or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by swelna View Post
    Word on Benjamin St-Juste? I thought he was eligible immediately, but he's not on the roster? Is he not enrolling for the fall (forgive me if this was answered somewhere else)
    He is one name yet to appear. Could be a different transfer status and they can't list him until first week of fall workouts.

By my count, he would be scholarship 85. (Edmonds and Reigelsperger leaving got us down to 84, along with no Grimes, Clemmons or Owens, I think.)

4 QBs Morgan, Annexstad, Kramer, Clark
    7 RBs Smith, Brooks, Williams, Potts, Ibrahim, Wiley, Williamson (formerly listed as athlete, (FemiCole, London, Edmonds gone)
    4 TEs Kieft, Paulson, Witham, SpannFord (Bursch, Beebe, gone)
    11 WRs Tyler, CAB, Jornell, Gibson, Bateman, Seth, MBS, Annexstad, Douglas, VanDyne, Nnamdi, (Udoibok a Maroon shirt) (no Grimes)
    13 OL Dunlap, JMS, Beier, Olson, Boe, Umlor, Schlueter, Davis, Sassack, Andries, Faalele, Dickson, Guedet (Cooper a Maroon shirt) (York, Oseland, Dovich, Weyler, Greene gone)
    39 offensive scholarships

10 LBs Guthrie, Rush, Oliver, Martin, Barber, Schoenfelder, Coughlin, SoriMarin, Gordon, Willis (Huff, Cash gone)
    17 DL Otomewo, Devers, Mafe, Winston, Anderson, Carter, DV Harris, Ahanotu, Okonji, DewTreadway, Schad, Cheney, Teague, Robinson, Renner, Hickcox, Richter (Gibson, Moore, Silver, OJ gone)
    14 DBS Howard, T Smith, C Williamson, Solomon Brown, Coney, Justus Harris, Kiondre, Nubin, CJ Smith, Winfield, Sapp, Howden, Swenson, Aune (Shenault, Huff, Estes gone...no Clemmons or Owens)
    41 defensive scholarships

2 K Ryerse, Lantz (Carpenter gone)
    1 P Herbers
    1 LS Weeks (Jordahl gone)
    4 Special team ships

assumes walk-on scholarships for Schoenfelder, Renner, Swenson all renewed

Guys who didn't play much last year that we need to push for starting spots to have a Big Ten West title type two-deep:

QB - none
    RB- Smith, Brooks
    TE - SpannFord
    WR- Jornell, Gibson, Nnamdi, MBS
    C - JMS
    OT - Dickson, Schlueter, Guedet
    G - Dunlap, Beier
    LB - Oliver, SoriMarin, Rush, Willis, Gordon
    DT - MDT, Schad, Cheney
    DE - Mafe, Devers, Anderson, Harris
    DB - Winfield, Sapp, Nubin, St Juste
    K Lantz (Tarbutt, Walker)
    P Melvin
    LS Vojvodich
    Last edited by swingman; 07-11-2019 at 12:12 PM.

What happened to Nolan Edmonds? I must have missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by swingman View Post
    He is one name yet to appear. Could be a different transfer status and they can't list him until first week of fall workouts.

By my count, he would be scholarship 85. (Edmonds and Reigelsperger leaving got us down to 84, along with no Grimes, Clemmons or Owens, I think.)

4 QBs Morgan, Annexstad, Kramer, Clark
    7 RBs Smith, Brooks, Williams, Potts, Ibrahim, Wiley, Williamson (formerly listed as athlete, (FemiCole, London, Edmonds gone)
    4 TEs Kieft, Paulson, Witham, SpannFord (Bursch, Beebe, gone)
    11 WRs Tyler, CAB, Jornell, Gibson, Bateman, Seth, MBS, Annexstad, Douglas, VanDyne, Nnamdi, (Udoibok a Maroon shirt) (no Grimes)
    13 OL Dunlap, JMS, Beier, Olson, Boe, Umlor, Schlueter, Davis, Sassack, Andries, Faalele, Dickson, Guedet (Cooper a Maroon shirt) (York, Oseland, Dovich, Weyler, Greene gone)
    39 offensive scholarships

10 LBs Guthrie, Rush, Oliver, Martin, Barber, Schoenfelder, Coughlin, SoriMarin, Gordon, Willis (Huff, Cash gone)
    17 DL Otomewo, Devers, Mafe, Winston, Anderson, Carter, DV Harris, Ahanotu, Okonji, DewTreadway, Schad, Cheney, Teague, Robinson, Renner, Hickcox, Richter (Gibson, Moore, Silver, OJ gone)
    14 DBS Howard, T Smith, C Williamson, Solomon Brown, Coney, Justus Harris, Kiondre, Nubin, CJ Smith, Winfield, Sapp, Howden, Swenson, Aune (Shenault, Huff, Estes gone...no Clemmons or Owens)
    41 defensive scholarships

2 K Ryerse, Lantz (Carpenter gone)
    1 P Herbers
    1 LS Weeks (Jordahl gone)
    4 Special team ships

assumes walk-on scholarships for Schoenfelder, Renner, Swenson all renewed
    Is Brock Annexstad still on scholly, or was that just a one-year deal until his brother was eligible?

I still think the Joe Harasymiak hire was a strange one, not a bad one, but strange from Joe's standpoint. He left a position as a successful head coach at Maine, to being a DB coach. Maybe it's just the dues that you need to pay to move into the P5 ranks?

It looks like the weights have been updated since this morning. Dunlop now listed at 345. Faalele still at 400, Bateman up to 210, Schad up 20 lbs, Richter up to 330!!

Austin Winfield also grew 2 inches apparently
    Last edited by CurveballJesus; 07-11-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    What happened to Nolan Edmonds? I must have missed that.
    Yeah, where and what was the Edmonds announcement?

*checks roster*

Damn, i'm still not on there

Wow, Logan Richter has Dexter Lawrence-like size ! I didn't realize how big he is.

I wonder if Adim-Madumere will end up being a TE? He pretty much has the size for it already, and the Gophers are going to be flush with receivers going forward.

I hope the Austin Winfield growth spurt is for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    I still think the Joe Harasymiak hire was a strange one, not a bad one, but strange from Joe's standpoint. He left a position as a successful head coach at Maine, to being a DB coach. Maybe it's just the dues that you need to pay to move into the P5 ranks?
    Head coach at Maine or DB coach at the U. It’s a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    Yeah, where and what was the Edmonds announcement?
    I don't think there was one. This is news to me also.