View Poll Results: Which QB will start or finish the season

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Morgan will start game 1 and remain starter

    36 37.11%
  • ZA will start game 1 and remain starter

    31 31.96%
  • Clark will start game 1 and remain starter

    0 0%
  • Kramer will start game 1 and remain starter

    0 0%
  • Morgan won't start game 1 but take the most snaps at end of season

    16 16.49%
  • ZA won't start game 1 but take the most snaps at end of season

    14 14.43%
  • Clark won't start game 1 but take the most snaps at end of season

    0 0%
  • Kramer won't start game 1 but take the most snaps at end of season

    0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62

Thread: 2019 QB Poll

  1. #16

    Default

    I ran across this article, and I remember Fleck saying something about Zack Terrell not initially buying into his RTB stuff. Itís also mentioned in the article that Fleck thought Terrell was too quiet and not energetic enough. Obviously, they were able to work out their differences, but it took awhile for Fleck to settle on him as his starting QB. The bottom line is he looks for qualities that have very little to do with their ability to throw a pass or run the offense. ZAís personality most likely fits the mold of what heís looking for in a starting QB, more so than TMís. Whether he can raise his level of play to where it needs to be to win in the Big Ten remains to be seen.

    https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...rell/96022636/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    I ran across this article, and I remember Fleck saying something about Zack Terrell not initially buying into his RTB stuff. Itís also mentioned in the article that Fleck thought Terrell was too quiet and not energetic enough. Obviously, they were able to work out their differences, but it took awhile for Fleck to settle on him as his starting QB. The bottom line is he looks for qualities that have very little to do with their ability to throw a pass or run the offense. ZAís personality most likely fits the mold of what heís looking for in a starting QB, more so than TMís. Whether he can raise his level of play to where it needs to be to win in the Big Ten remains to be seen.

    https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...rell/96022636/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like QBs that win big ten games.

    Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    10,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    I see Morgan is gaining on ZA. PE has been out recruiting voters for the poll.
    I have to admit Iím surprised ZA has so many votes - this is one of those times I guess my eyes must be deceiving me and I should reevaluate. Or, there is the possibility #OneofUs is in effect, or the possibility Burnsieís source has legitimate intel.

    If it is ZA obviously there is a solid chance heíll be substantially better in year two and I hope Iím not running the guy down. Based on the game performances I do feel the offense moved the ball more efficiently under TM and he will also (likely) improve in year two.

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    If it is ZA obviously there is a solid chance he’ll be substantially better in year two and I hope I’m not running the guy down. Based on the game performances I do feel the offense moved the ball more efficiently under TM and he will also (likely) improve in year two.
    Admittedly, I am a more casual fan, so my perceptions may well not be supported by data or a deeper review of the season. That said, it seemed like we had settled in to a "run-run-throw TJ a slant for 10 yds-run-run-throw TJ a slant for 13 yards-run-Seth Green jumps over the goal line" offense by the time Morgan was under center. It seemed like we had boiled the offense down to a much more efficient formula, and most of the throws he was asked to make were those quick slants. I think it's possible that the overall execution and offensive strategy changes may be confounding the comparative stats between the two.

    That said, Morgan was also playing against Big 10 defenses. So that would be expected to skew stats in the opposite direction.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    I have to admit I’m surprised ZA has so many votes - this is one of those times I guess my eyes must be deceiving me and I should reevaluate. Or, there is the possibility #OneofUs is in effect, or the possibility Burnsie’s source has legitimate intel.

    If it is ZA obviously there is a solid chance he’ll be substantially better in year two and I hope I’m not running the guy down. Based on the game performances I do feel the offense moved the ball more efficiently under TM and he will also (likely) improve in year two.
    I think I fall into the Morgan until proven otherwise camp. He played some good ball down the stretch for us. But to be fair to ZA he also didn't play behind a line with Faalele who really helped stabilize things up front and Bryce Williams was his number 1 back while Ibrahim was out. That being said, I'd go Morgan unless ZA is lighting it up in fall camp.

  6. #21

    Default

    It should absolutely be Morgan but I'm afraid it will be Annexstad.

    Think it will be Morgan again by the end of the year though.

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
    It should absolutely be Morgan but I'm afraid it will be Annexstad.

    Think it will be Morgan again by the end of the year though.
    Fleck will do whats right for the team.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    31,323
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    Fleck will do whats right for the team.
    Just win, baby!
    Kingdom Warriors

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Whoever is QB I hope the passing game is more than quick slants and jump balls this year.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    10,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SixBySix View Post
    Admittedly, I am a more casual fan, so my perceptions may well not be supported by data or a deeper review of the season. That said, it seemed like we had settled in to a "run-run-throw TJ a slant for 10 yds-run-run-throw TJ a slant for 13 yards-run-Seth Green jumps over the goal line" offense by the time Morgan was under center. It seemed like we had boiled the offense down to a much more efficient formula, and most of the throws he was asked to make were those quick slants. I think it's possible that the overall execution and offensive strategy changes may be confounding the comparative stats between the two.

    That said, Morgan was also playing against Big 10 defenses. So that would be expected to skew stats in the opposite direction.
    Yep, it’s definitely a small sample size for both guys and we’ve all seen QBs make a second year jump after looking pretty mediocre initially.

    I do take issue a bit with the calls for a more downfield pass game - they tried that early on with ZA and it was disastrous. Teams can absolutely win a lot of games consistently executing the short to intermediate pass game, running the ball, etc. Those slants everyone decries are working so why stop? If we’re running the ball successfully why stop? This isn’t the NFL or the 98 Vikes with Cunningham launching it to a streaking Moss who has burned a hopelessly outmatched DB by ten yards.

    Outside of maybe JC we don’t have a big arm on the roster. No problem, execute a deadly effective dink and dunk pass offense with some really good WRs that don’t have much trouble getting open.

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    I have to admit Iím surprised ZA has so many votes - this is one of those times I guess my eyes must be deceiving me and I should reevaluate. Or, there is the possibility #OneofUs is in effect, or the possibility Burnsieís source has legitimate intel.

    If it is ZA obviously there is a solid chance heíll be substantially better in year two and I hope Iím not running the guy down. Based on the game performances I do feel the offense moved the ball more efficiently under TM and he will also (likely) improve in year two.
    I definitely get where you are coming from, but it's not that surprising to me. Certainly might be a little of "One of Us" in play.

    Not taking anything away from TM and his performance last year, I mainly think it is a combo of how quickly ZA learned/assimilated and emerged last year as the starter, his injuries, the understanding he played in games where the defense was handicapped, the changes and subsequent improvement of the O-line play, and the perception that he has a higher upside. All that being said, I believe ZA needs to demonstrate that his overall performance is clearly above TM for Fleck to again choose him as starter.

    I believe when Fleck says it is a competition, it's not coach-speak. Both are highly competitive and push each other. Win/win. Hard for me to vote at this time...probably have a slight lean towards ZA in that he has shown the ability to outperform TM based on what he demonstrated in last year's competition, but really want to both in Fall practices.

  12. #27

    Default

    I didn't mean the poll to be who we feel SHOULD be the starter, or who we would vote for, but more of who do you think it will be.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    I didn't mean the poll to be who we feel SHOULD be the starter, or who we would vote for, but more of who do you think it will be.
    Too late

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Tea, South Dakota
    Posts
    1,245
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Just win, baby!
    This should be one of the poll options.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    I have to admit I’m surprised ZA has so many votes - this is one of those times I guess my eyes must be deceiving me and I should reevaluate. Or, there is the possibility #OneofUs is in effect, or the possibility Burnsie’s source has legitimate intel.

    If it is ZA obviously there is a solid chance he’ll be substantially better in year two and I hope I’m not running the guy down. Based on the game performances I do feel the offense moved the ball more efficiently under TM and he will also (likely) improve in year two.
    Did you see him in spring practices? he is truly improved he looked way better than TM in my eyes this spring. We will see what fall camp bring us.
    Robb Smith Robbed our Defense

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •