CNBC: These are the best places to live in America in 2019 (#3. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CNBC:

3. Minnesota

One of the many features of the North Star state is what the locals call “Minnesota Nice,” which is exactly what it sounds like. Minnesotans are welcoming and inclusive, as evidenced by thorough legal protections against discrimination. Crime rates are low, the population is healthy, and the air is clean. We don’t factor weather into our rankings because it is too subjective. But it is worth pointing out that while winters can be brutal here, Minnesotans not only adapt to the frigid weather; they flourish in it.

2019 Quality of Life score: 259 out of 325 points (Top States Grade: A-)
Strengths: Inclusiveness, health, air quality, crime rate
Weakness: Attractions
2018 Quality of Life rank: 3

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/10/these-are-the-best-places-to-live-in-america-in-2019.html

Go Minnesota!!

per CNBC:

3. Minnesota

One of the many features of the North Star state is what the locals call “Minnesota Nice,” which is exactly what it sounds like. Minnesotans are welcoming and inclusive, as evidenced by thorough legal protections against discrimination. Crime rates are low, the population is healthy, and the air is clean. We don’t factor weather into our rankings because it is too subjective. But it is worth pointing out that while winters can be brutal here, Minnesotans not only adapt to the frigid weather; they flourish in it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/10/these-are-the-best-places-to-live-in-america-in-2019.html

Go Minnesota!!

Apparently, Minnesota is the safest state in the country for natural disasters.

per CNBC:

3. Minnesota

Go Minnesota!!

We're nice because we are forced to be nice by our benevolent leaders!

What a bizarre ranking. Laws on "inclusiveness" were listed as a major factor for basically all the top 10.

That is a really strange list.

Mass, Vermont and New Hampshire are definitely super-inclusive, if you're pulling in high-6 to 7-figures for an annual salary. If you've got that kind of money, come on in!! If you don't, please, stay the F out.

per CNBC:

3. Minnesota

Go Minnesota!!

Their definition of "Minnesota Nice" is much different from mine.

I don't know. I've lived in a few different states now, Minnesotans are still the nicest people that I've experienced so far. That's including the "passive aggressive" part.

I think it's Viola, but I sense this picture is a blue dress/black dress kind of thing.

Top Bottom