You will view the 2019 season as a success if:

2019 success if:

• Total voters

Anthracite not hitting at the pace I was hoping for.

It's still early however.

Good poll, but I’m waiting on the QB one. Let’s see who gopher nation wants out of the gate (genuinely curious).

For me with this schedule 8 regular season wins will be a successful season. Hoping for more.

I'll be disappointed if they don't win eight. I'm really hoping for nine, considering the schedule. For the purposes of the poll, I went with eight.

Who Hates Iowa? Give me that win and the Axe and I'm good.

This season will not be successful if we are talking up the talent of a 4-8 or 5-7 terrapin team.

I would be satisfied with 8 wins. I’d be disappointed with anything less and thrilled with anything more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Improve win total at least by one would definitely be a success. So, 8 wins would be nice. Doing it in the regular season and snagging a bowl win to make it nine total would be even better.

I want 9 wins, the setup for our schedule is a great opportunity for us to win at least 8 during the regular season and then win the bowl game for 9.

I think 9 wins + and a bowl would be a big move up from last year. Please note I said 9+ games and a good bowl.

I think it would be a good year if one of those wins was against GSU. ;-)

All of the below
Gophers make it to the Rose Bowl
Gophers win Big 10 West
Gophers win 9+ games
Gophers win 8+ games

U forgot BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

Oh yes that also, but I think you would have to win 11 games to be in contention for the FBS NC and with GSU on your schedule I don't see that happening. ;-)

Oh yes that also, but I think you would have to win 11 games to be in contention for the FBS NC and with GSU on your schedule I don't see that happening. ;-)

You are forgeting about the rematch of Minnesota vs GSU in the title game. Bet $100.00 on my prediction, and you won't need to sell your house.

You are forgeting about the rematch of Minnesota vs GSU in the title game. Bet $100.00 on my prediction, and you won't need to sell your house.

To STPGopher, my fave poster on the Gopher Hole

There is little to -0 chance that a G5 team like GSU can make the FBS National Championship in a rematch with the Gophers this year even if both our teams went 12-0.

The Gophers will have to be satisfied with a rematch in Statesboro Georgia, after we win this matchup. Of course I expect the Gophers will want a home and home, but thats OK

At the very least 8 wins counting the bowl game.

If we go 7-6 fans have a right to be upset.

Personally I think we win 9 or 10. Lots of talent on this team.

At the very least 8 wins counting the bowl game.

If we go 7-6 fans have a right to be upset.

Personally I think we win 9 or 10. Lots of talent on this team.

9 or 1o wins + a bowl. that sounds about right less a loss to GSU. ;-)

In the past, under my former name I would have been happy with 8. Now I hope for 9 or 10 wins and a trip to the Conference Championship followed by the Rose Bowl.

To STPGopher, my fave poster on the Gopher Hole

There is little to -0 chance that a G5 team like GSU can make the FBS National Championship in a rematch with the Gophers this year even if both our teams went 12-0.

tenor.gif

Minnesota Fans have high expectations this year. From an outside perspective. 8 Regular season wins would be a successful season. Even if fans arent happy with that number. Its still a very good improvement over the previous year and will show blue chip recruits that its heading in the right direction. High profile recruits want to win big and it becomes a whole lot easier when you dont have to sell it. You can show it.

Minnesota Fans have high expectations this year. From an outside perspective. 8 Regular season wins would be a successful season. Even if fans arent happy with that number. Its still a very good improvement over the previous year and will show blue chip recruits that its heading in the right direction. High profile recruits want to win big and it becomes a whole lot easier when you dont have to sell it. You can show it.

Gophers and Nebraska unloaded 9 win coaches looking for a brighter future. Success is having good years (9+ wins) followed by okay years (7/8 wins) with only an occasional bad year (5/6) wins. Still waiting for Fleck to have a 9+ season, it's early and I won't jump out of the boat if it doesn't happen this year, but for me to call this year a "success" we need to win 9 games. 7/8 wins is treading water waiting to see if we ever get to that level again, it's not the end of the world but not really progress either.

8 Wins at least one trophy
7 wins if we get axe and floyd

8 Wins at least one trophy
7 wins if we get axe and floyd

who are the losses in that scenario? Nebraska, Penn St, NW, Maryland, Purdue?
While satisfying to beat IA and WI, that wouldn't feel like a successful season to me.

who are the losses in that scenario? Nebraska, Penn St, NW, Maryland, Purdue?
While satisfying to beat IA and WI, that wouldn't feel like a successful season to me.

Unknown

Lots of opportunities for trophy wins: Axe, Floyd, Chair, Bell.

I know it's been said that if MN and Mich met in the conference game that the trophy wouldn't be there, but I have to imagine they'd bring it and exchange it after the game/ceremony if the team that didn't have it won, right? Because if so, there's a timeline where we reclaim all of our trophies this year :p

Top Bottom