4 3.03%
  • Gophers beat Wisconsin again

25 18.94%
  • Gophers wear anthracite more than once

4 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by STPGopher View Post
    You are forgeting about the rematch of Minnesota vs GSU in the title game. Bet $100.00 on my prediction, and you won't need to sell your house.
    To STPGopher, my fave poster on the Gopher Hole

There is little to -0 chance that a G5 team like GSU can make the FBS National Championship in a rematch with the Gophers this year even if both our teams went 12-0.

The Gophers will have to be satisfied with a rematch in Statesboro Georgia, after we win this matchup. Of course I expect the Gophers will want a home and home, but thats OK

Quote Originally Posted by denguegopher View Post
    All of the below
    Gophers make it to the Rose Bowl
    Gophers win Big 10 West
    Gophers win 9+ games
    Gophers win 8+ games
    Its either 8+ or 9+ games, Dont settle for 8+.

At the very least 8 wins counting the bowl game.

If we go 7-6 fans have a right to be upset.

Personally I think we win 9 or 10. Lots of talent on this team.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by West Fargo Gopher Fan View Post
    At the very least 8 wins counting the bowl game.

If we go 7-6 fans have a right to be upset.

Personally I think we win 9 or 10. Lots of talent on this team.
    9 or 1o wins + a bowl. that sounds about right less a loss to GSU. ;-)

In the past, under my former name I would have been happy with 8. Now I hope for 9 or 10 wins and a trip to the Conference Championship followed by the Rose Bowl.

Natty #8!! Anything less will only be growth for as we all know, failure=growth.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    To STPGopher, my fave poster on the Gopher Hole

There is little to -0 chance that a G5 team like GSU can make the FBS National Championship in a rematch with the Gophers this year even if both our teams went 12-0.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Minnesota Fans have high expectations this year. From an outside perspective. 8 Regular season wins would be a successful season. Even if fans arent happy with that number. Its still a very good improvement over the previous year and will show blue chip recruits that its heading in the right direction. High profile recruits want to win big and it becomes a whole lot easier when you dont have to sell it. You can show it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkerzFan View Post
    Minnesota Fans have high expectations this year. From an outside perspective. 8 Regular season wins would be a successful season. Even if fans arent happy with that number. Its still a very good improvement over the previous year and will show blue chip recruits that its heading in the right direction. High profile recruits want to win big and it becomes a whole lot easier when you dont have to sell it. You can show it.
    Gophers and Nebraska unloaded 9 win coaches looking for a brighter future. Success is having good years (9+ wins) followed by okay years (7/8 wins) with only an occasional bad year (5/6) wins. Still waiting for Fleck to have a 9+ season, it's early and I won't jump out of the boat if it doesn't happen this year, but for me to call this year a "success" we need to win 9 games. 7/8 wins is treading water waiting to see if we ever get to that level again, it's not the end of the world but not really progress either.

8 Wins at least one trophy
    7 wins if we get axe and floyd

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    who are the losses in that scenario? Nebraska, Penn St, NW, Maryland, Purdue?
    While satisfying to beat IA and WI, that wouldn't feel like a successful season to me.
    Ski-U-Mah is Native American for "we're in a rebuilding year"

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    Lots of opportunities for trophy wins: Axe, Floyd, Chair, Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyganas View Post
    who are the losses in that scenario? Nebraska, Penn St, NW, Maryland, Purdue?
    While satisfying to beat IA and WI, that wouldn't feel like a successful season to me.
    Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Urbandale View Post

What's that

Quote Originally Posted by Urbandale View Post
    I know it's been said that if MN and Mich met in the conference game that the trophy wouldn't be there, but I have to imagine they'd bring it and exchange it after the game/ceremony if the team that didn't have it won, right? Because if so, there's a timeline where we reclaim all of our trophies this year :P