College Game Day Coming to TCF on Nov 9th ???

Livingat45north

Reaction score
We'll be 8-0 by then (count on it). If PSU can hold up their end of the deal by also being undefeated (big IF), Game Day could finally be coming to the U. There aren't too many other big games that week, so we've at least got a decent shot at it happening...

Lets let a few chickens hatch before pulling out the 'ol calculator and counting 'em.

Me if it happens:

nice.gif

I can daydream with the best of y'all but even by my rosy standards it has been unusually optimistic around here lately.

I do allow myself to consider the Gophers perhaps caught Wisconsin during a time of unusual internal meltdown, caught the fragile Boilers on a day when they didn't want to fight the elements, and caught Georgia Tech when the players had checked out on an outgoing coach. I don't think ALL of this took place to artificially grow expectations for the Gophers but I can at least consider that. So I am not yet in a position to consider Gameday in Dinkytown.

But now that you mention it, where do you think they will put the desk/set? In front of Northrop? By TCF Bank Stadium?

10/12 vs Nebraska. Both teams undefeated, Frost/Fleck storylines. That's probably the best hope for GameDay.

10/12 vs Nebraska. Both teams undefeated, Frost/Fleck storylines. That's probably the best hope for GameDay.

Might be more likley but man ... I hate Frost hype.

Somehow the Neb story-lines tend to be "oh woe is us" along with an undercurrent that the 90s should have never ended and Neb shouldn't struggle against all those other lesser schools...

I don't see gameday coming here on Nov 9th. My bet is gameday is at the LSU/Alabama game. book it.

I don't see gameday coming here on Nov 9th. My bet is gameday is at the LSU/Alabama game. book it.

That’s Ridiculous. You think GameDay will skip over two undefeated B1G teams battling it out in the frigid north to watch some 2&3 loss SEC West teams play tickle me Elmo with each other?

I think not.

Frost vs PJ 40 yard dash at the break - who wins

Hmm. If it’s a live drill, where tacking is involved, I give it to Frost as he can break more tackles. If it’s just a straight sprint, I would go with Fleck.

OMG Vandy vs the Gophers on game day instead of GSU vs the Gophers?

Yeah I’d agree. PJ is probably a 4.55-4.65 guy maybe even now? Frost is a little older, a little meatier, was drafted as a safety with probably similar speed to PJ but as the creep of time sets in he’s probably 4.9-5.0 at best now. Bets on a hammy going by yard 20?

Hmm. If it’s a live drill, where tacking is involved, I give it to Frost as he can break more tackles. If it’s just a straight sprint, I would go with Fleck.

Who does a forty yd dash with life tackling:confused:

Don't tell too many people...that's the game I've circled for attending. �� One way or another, I think that will be an exciting day.

I can daydream with the best of y'all but even by my rosy standards it has been unusually optimistic around here lately.

I do allow myself to consider the Gophers perhaps caught Wisconsin during a time of unusual internal meltdown, caught the fragile Boilers on a day when they didn't want to fight the elements, and caught Georgia Tech when the players had checked out on an outgoing coach. I don't think ALL of this took place to artificially grow expectations for the Gophers but I can at least consider that. So I am not yet in a position to consider Gameday in Dinkytown.

But now that you mention it, where do you think they will put the desk/set? In front of Northrop? By TCF Bank Stadium?

You could put it on the sidewalk by Mariucci. Has a bunch of grass in front of it, on a down slope and you get shots of the football stadium. Otherwise, Northrup mall has a ton of room...

Northrup for sure

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

We'll be 8-0 by then (count on it). If PSU can hold up their end of the deal by also being undefeated (big IF), Game Day could finally be coming to the U. There aren't too many other big games that week, so we've at least got a decent shot at it happening...

They will visit us in September.

For their second or third visit of the year 11/9 yes.

Might be more likley but man ... I hate Frost hype.

Somehow the Neb story-lines tend to be "oh woe is us" along with an undercurrent that the 90s should have never ended and Neb shouldn't struggle against all those other lesser schools...

It's as if college football fans are supposed to feel sorry for them because they were once dominant, and now they aren't. Heck, Minnesota was once dominant too; but I guess it's been so long that no one cares about our Cinderella dreams anymore.

That being said, if GameDay is here. I will probably go...and I may make a sign that reads "Someone Spin Lee Corso's Head Around!".

I have a question. Where has anyone actually ever heard a Husker fan say "woe is us" and "feel sorry for us"? Jesus no one has ever said that. Husker fans are drinking kool aid and are usually overhyped. No one feels sorry for us, especially our own fans. Ridiculous.

I have a question. Where has anyone actually ever heard a Husker fan say "woe is us" and "feel sorry for us"? Jesus no one has ever said that. Husker fans are drinking kool aid and are usually overhyped. No one feels sorry for us, especially our own fans. Ridiculous.

Facts.

It's a good thing I said "the Neb story-lines tend to be" then ;)

Its the national sports media. They want Nebraska to be relevant again. Badly. And they are giddy with the prospect of Frost leading them back to power status.
They would prefer to have a helmet school (which Nebraska once was) back on the big stage than someone like Minnesota.

Its the national sports media. They want Nebraska to be relevant again. Badly. And they are giddy with the prospect of Frost leading them back to power status.
They would prefer to have a helmet school (which Nebraska once was) back on the big stage than someone like Minnesota.

Minnesota...The Next Helmet School

Top Bottom