Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

He fractured his C4 Vertebra and is undergoing memory and speech therapy according to the Star Tribune.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickman55 View Post
    He fractured his C4 Vertebra and is undergoing memory and speech therapy according to the Star Tribune.
    He also had shoulder surgery as a freshman. A friend of family told me last fall he was doubting he would play again because of ongoing shoulder issues.

I wish him the best.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

Anyone/everyone feels bad anytime a kid has to quit due to health reasons but this one hurts a little extra because this kid has been such a positive representative of the program. He has gone out of his way to tweet positive things, recruit others, etc. Glad to hear he is staying at the U. And, as has already been pointed out - a highly regarded recruit that I was looking forward to seeing on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    Anyone/everyone feels bad anytime a kid has to quit due to health reasons but this one hurts a little extra because this kid has been such a positive representative of the program. He has gone out of his way to tweet positive things, recruit others, etc. Glad to hear he is staying at the U. And, as has already been pointed out - a highly regarded recruit that I was looking forward to seeing on the field.
    And he keeps his scholarship, very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    Glad he's still getting the scholarship funds.
    I don't think the school has the option to revoke them (and it would be a complete dick move even if they could) due to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    I don't think the school has the option to revoke them (and it would be a complete dick move even if they could) due to injury.
    You're correct. The fact that it doesn't count against the scholarship total is nice though.

STrib article said PJ offered him a position to stay with the team and help that he's strongly considering

Man. Football is a vicious game. Here's to a full recovery and a successful future. Happy that he is able to continue his education here.

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    That's why at big schools you see a lot of medical retirements ... and rumors of forcing the student to do that.

On the other hand, the alternative pressures might be far worse.

Health scares have a way of making people re-prioritize. Good luck to you Mr. Reigelsberger.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    That's why at big schools you see a lot of medical retirements ... and rumors of forcing the student to do that.

On the other hand, the alternative pressures might be far worse.
    I mean, we pretty much think that's how we got St-Juste, no?

Quote Originally Posted by SixBySix View Post
    I mean, we pretty much think that's how we got St-Juste, no?
    Very possibly.

That one was a weird one, holding him out that long ... like sometime you think you'd give the guy the option to see how it goes, it wasn't concussion problems, weird to keep holding him back unless they were trying to push him out...

Did he get hurt playing football, or was it some other cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    Did he get hurt playing football, or was it some other cause?
    His twitter post said it happened in April. I thought I read that it was during a scrimmage??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Man. Football is a vicious game. Here's to a full recovery and a successful future. Happy that he is able to continue his education here.
    +1000. It makes you wonder about Smith, Brooks, and Winfield as to how well they have recovered.

Good luck Alex.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!