#52 Northwestern
    #62 Purdue
    #68 Maryland
    #79 Illinois
    #92 Rutgers

#71 Fresno State
    #75 Georgia Southern

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-te...ded-in-top-25/

Ranking of all 130 teams: http://www.espn.com/college-football...cs/teamratings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    Also...

Projected win-loss: 8.3-4.0
    Win out %: 0.2%
    Conference win %: 7.9%
    Strength of schedule: 54
    #28 Minnesota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you’re telling me there’s a chance
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

Wow, they are very optimistic on the Gophers relative to other media outlets and seemingly very down on Wisconsin, Purdue and Northwestern relative to others as well. I would definitely take it as the outcome.

FPI --- Not a dink...this year

Also very surprised how close Georgia Southern Uniforms rating is to Fresno State.
    Last edited by Sparlimb; 07-08-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

preseason rankings are all over the map. I saw one on Twitter that had Nebraska in their top 10 (after a 4-8 season) and even the Nebraska fans were complaining that was too high. Its weird. In some circles the Nebraska hype train is out of control, in others Wisconsin is ranked high. In the end, preseason polls and guesses are all over the map and it is for good reason. Nobody really knows as every team has to figure out injuries, positional battles, player busts or breakouts, and many have positional coaching changes that may or may not work out. So, it seems a lot of preseason picks just regurgitate recent season results, program history, etc. I would love for the Gophers to fly under the radar and have this season as their big breakout year where everything goes right.

Hopefully not the same ranking service that had Wisconsin somewhere around #4 last year and a threat for the BCS playoff?
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

38 for Wisconsin is way too high. Thinking 70s.

From what I have seen this is the rare year when the computers actually like us better than humans. Seems like we have seen more of the opposite in recent years.

I dont think the East is that good to put 4 ahead of the West
    I am not buying into PSU and a new QB
    questions at OSU with new coach but they always seem to handle a bump in the road
    MSU is primed for a comeback year

so if they are all beating each other up they cannot and will not end up all above the Gophers and Iowa in the West

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    From what I have seen this is the rare year when the computers actually like us better than humans. Seems like we have seen more of the opposite in recent years.
    I'll bet there are a lot of posters on this site that do better with computers than humans.

No love for Brohm!

Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    preseason rankings are all over the map. I saw one on Twitter that had Nebraska in their top 10 (after a 4-8 season) and even the Nebraska fans were complaining that was too high. Its weird. In some circles the Nebraska hype train is out of control, in others Wisconsin is ranked high. In the end, preseason polls and guesses are all over the map and it is for good reason. Nobody really knows as every team has to figure out injuries, positional battles, player busts or breakouts, and many have positional coaching changes that may or may not work out. So, it seems a lot of preseason picks just regurgitate recent season results, program history, etc. I would love for the Gophers to fly under the radar and have this season as their big breakout year where everything goes right.
    Guys, it’s simple. Talent rankings 70% of the time, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    38 for Wisconsin is way too high. Thinking 70s.
    Still too high.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    FPI --- Not a dink...this year

Also very surprised how close Georgia Southern Uniforms rating is to Fresno State.
    Fresno lost a lot of talent off of last year's team I believe. Good chance this is a bit of a down year for them.

Really laying the wood to Wisc, Neb, Northwestern and Purdue there... I'll take it.