Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: bateman

  1. #1

    Default bateman

    15 pounds of muscle added

    I see I did a poor job of copying the picture, but this guy is going to put on a show.

    bateman.jpg
    Last edited by Goldteam; 07-08-2019 at 11:07 AM.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    31,343
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    No... no, can not switch to LB.
    Kingdom Warriors

  3. #3

    Default

    Coachspeak calls that “ripped” - then again, Fleck is likely lying about that physique.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,392

    Default

    How beaten down by Minnesota sports am I that my first thought was "Oh, I hope he isn't too slow now!"?

    Seriously, I am impressed by Bateman... both in his 'buy-in' to the program and also by what appears to be the great work ethic that flows from that buy-in. He is well on his way to being one of my all-time favorite Gophers.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schnauzer View Post
    How beaten down by Minnesota sports am I that my first thought was "Oh, I hope he isn't too slow now!"?

    Seriously, I am impressed by Bateman... both in his 'buy-in' to the program and also by what appears to be the great work ethic that flows from that buy-in. He is well on his way to being one of my all-time favorite Gophers.
    Lol me too! Don’t take our rare deep threat and make him another tight end!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spermophilus View Post
    Coachspeak calls that “ripped” - then again, Fleck is likely lying about that physique.
    Fleck would probably say he gained 60 pounds and knocked 0.3 sec off his 40 time

  7. #7

    Default

    Corners better make sure they wrap up! No more arm tackles.

    As long as he can still outrun defenses, it’s all good.

    Bateman and Johnson are gonna be a handful this season, and if they double team those guys, our stable of RBs will go up and down the field. Imagine if they can get the TE more involved.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    Corners better make sure they wrap up! No more arm tackles.

    As long as he can still outrun defenses, it’s all good.

    Bateman and Johnson are gonna be a handful this season, and if they double team those guys, our stable of RBs will go up and down the field. Imagine if they can get the TE more involved.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think teams will only be able to double team one of them, at that team's peril. Fleck's RPO will expose it pre-snap. If I said I'm giddy to see this offense work the full playbook, that's an understatement.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spermophilus View Post
    Coachspeak calls that “ripped” - then again, Fleck is likely lying about that physique.
    Bateman only put on 14 pounds. Fleck is LYING!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    6,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldteam View Post
    15 pounds of muscle added

    I see I did a poor job of copying the picture, but this guy is going to put on a show.

    bateman.jpg
    But did he land the Fisher account?

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,001

    Default

    Dayum. That's an NFL body right there. Wowzers. This offense is going to be something to watch.

  12. #12

    Default bateman

    The extra pounds don’t appear to have affected his leaping ability. At 6’2”, he almost hit his head on the rim in this clip. I feel like he’s one of the best kept secrets in the Big Ten, because of all of the focus on Johnson. They’ll all know who he is soon enough.

    https://twitter.com/r_bateman2/statu...984722434?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MGGopher View Post
    Dayum. That's an NFL body right there. Wowzers. This offense is going to be something to watch.
    You beat me to it with the NFL body and I think there are other young players that the coaches have projected to develop in the same manner.

    Start planning that upper deck on TCF Bank Stadium.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    11,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    But did he land the Fisher account?

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Sorry, no. Paul Allen is on the way up, so hot - great style, great hair (though I have a slightly better haircut), tasteful business card, he can get a table at Dorcia's without a problem AND landed the Fisher account... he's just that good, and that why he had to die...

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    I think teams will only be able to double team one of them, at that team's peril. Fleck's RPO will expose it pre-snap. If I said I'm giddy to see this offense work the full playbook, that's an understatement.
    Very true. If you were an opposing defensive coordinator, which one would you double? Good luck.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •