Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    I never have had much success getting scalpers to bite on this at other events...maybe I'm picking the wrong scalpers. Most will come down a little but none would fire sale the tickets, even though they clearly had a fistful of tickets.
    +1. Several years ago I attended a game on a whim and arrived near the end of the 1st quarter and could barely get the scalper below the box office price. I don't really get it as he had more than a couple tickets and literally no one else was still looking that I could see. I guess they go into it willing to eat some.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    +1. Several years ago I attended a game on a whim and arrived near the end of the 1st quarter and could barely get the scalper below the box office price. I don't really get it as he had more than a couple tickets and literally no one else was still looking that I could see. I guess they go into it willing to eat some.
    On one level, it makes sense to dump the tickets for cheap once kickoff has started, but on another, if that became commonplace, you'd have more people who were willing to miss part of the game to save money, which would drive down prices. I'm guessing the people who are out to make some money scalping tickets aren't the sort of people to fold easily.

Turns out there were more no-shows than shows for the Purdue game. What made dpo's assertion that of the 31K ticket buyers, only 1K were no-shows, more ludicrious was that it came on the heels of this WSJ article, which disclosed that the Gophers averaged over 14K no-shows per game in 2017. Good thing he is here to tell everyone when a statement is outlandish.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college...ats-1535634001

Quote Originally Posted by GopherVotary View Post
    Turns out there were more no-shows than shows for the Purdue game. What made dpo's assertion that of the 31K ticket buyers, only 1K were no-shows, more ludicrious was that it came on the heels of this WSJ article, which disclosed that the Gophers averaged over 14K no-shows per game in 2017. Good thing he is here to tell everyone when a statement is outlandish.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college...ats-1535634001
    I wonder about what numbers are to be believed.

Some fans say the attendance numbers aren't accurate, but the no show numbers are?

Purdue game was empty

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    Purdue game was empty
    Ya and it was the best home performance of the year. Really worried about the grittiness of our fan base for late season games!

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    Purdue game was empty
    There were a couple of low attendance.....but the crowd that was there was REALLY into the game in a way I haven't seen in a while.

It was more "Oh man what will the team do next!?!" and then a lot of fun as opposed to the crowd fearful of....bad things.

Less people, but perhaps also signs of a fanbase that is more hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wcfan56 View Post
    Ya and it was the best home performance of the year. Really worried about the grittiness of our fan base for late season games!
    Wins will fix that

Just purchased my pass today!!!!!
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

Quote Originally Posted by Wcfan56 View Post
    That game was fun as I’m sure the Indiana game was (missed it). There may not be 50k fans that are die hard enough to handle a late season cold battle for the big ten west championship, but I cannot wait to find out.