Gophers Unveil All-Mobile Ticket for $199.96

I don't have anything against people that move around to different seats or buy cheap ones and then slide into better ones once they are in the venue. My brother has operated in that way his entire life. But for me, I have two scales - a scale of fun and a scale of discomfort. It is definitely more fun to sit in better seats. But for me, it is a discomfort to be kicked out of seats. So, I'd rather sit in worse seats with zero chance of getting kicked out of them. I'm the kind of guy that rarely moves, even when others have left.

This has paid off in its own way. I sit in the same seats in the same section every Gopher game. We sort of noticed the younger dudes that sit behind us were regulars too. We'd occasionally exchange high fives on a big Gopher play but didn't talk much. That all changed a couple years back when we attended a game at Iowa. We checked out the campus and decided to go into a bar for a bloody mary before heading back to our tailgate spot. Literally the only other people in that bar were these guys that sit behind us. It was a coincidence that led to a conversation, an invite for them back to our tailgate spot, and now two years later we all hang out together, plan tailgate food together, know each other's families, etc. etc. We look forward to seeing them every home game now.

The social aspect of having the same folks (mostly) around you is really nice.

It was kinda heartbreaking when they moved to TCF and I lost all those folks around me.

Yep, dippo deserves an award for his douchy post. Congrats!

dbag.jpg

Just as self-righteous as ever. No wonder nobody likes you. 'Monitor the Secondary Market'- I hope you don't mean checking StubHub. Unless you are outside the stadium with cash in hand and buying tickets- you have no clue what you are talking about.

As if I care whether anybody likes me. I don't need validation from you or anyone else, thanks. With the exception of a few people here who I know in real life and rarely post anymore, I literally could not care less what any of you think of me.

Makes an outlandish claim, correctly gets called out on it, comes back butthurt and makes a piss-poor attempt to hurt my feelings. Sounds about right.

As if I care whether anybody likes me. I don't need validation from you or anyone else, thanks. With the exception of a few people here who I know in real life and rarely post anymore, I literally could not care less what any of you think of me.

Makes an outlandish claim, correctly gets called out on it, comes back butthurt and makes a piss-poor attempt to hurt my feelings. Sounds about right.

Outlandish? I was 100% correct in what I said. If I had gone to the Purdue game- the weather was horrible- I am sure I could have gone for $5. You just want the award for 'Biggest Gopher Fan'- and no one cares but you. You defend the U no matter what- and it's weird. Almost like you work there or have some sort of stake in it. And now that Les somewhat sided with me, I have to deal with that as well. He might be the only ****** bigger than you on here.
For the record- I've missed 3 games at TCF since they moved there. I don't need an award or pat on the back and not even close to the biggest Gopher fan. Even when the on-field product has been putrid- I like tailgating which is enough of a reason to go for me.

Also- I don't think of you. You show yourself once in awhile here or on OTB- pitch a fit and try to belittle people instead of having a discussion. You seem like a very unhappy person. I hope you can find happiness someday.

Wrong. You stated that you attended all of the games for $50. That was a lie. I win.

t5sd2bN.gif

You defend the U no matter what- and it's weird.

No, he actually called out the ticket office last year for having faulty scanners. The U announced scanned tickets were 15K for the Purdue game, but dpo said actual attendance was at least 30K. You know, he did a head count - much more accurate than those scanners.

That's about the right response.

Well then you're internet persona suits you very well, because you add almost nothing to any discussion, and your need to correct others is annoying and pathetic. Good job!

Well then you're internet persona suits you very well, because you add almost nothing to any discussion, and your need to correct others is annoying and pathetic. Good job!

The single biggest thing I dislike about Gopher football is the generalized comments that are made about the program that are negative and not fact based: "The Gophers haven't been good in over 50 years" etc. I see it over and over again: facts are skewed or removed to fit a narrative.

I for one appreciate the multiple times I have seen people wildly proclaim things that aren't true, only to have dpdoll reel them in.

Would I do it the same way, to the exact same examples? Perhaps not. But in general without dpdoll there would be a lot more tall tales around here.

Last edited:

The single biggest thing I dislike about Gopher football is the generalized comments that are made about the program that are negative and not fact based: "The Gophers have been good in over 50 years" etc. I see it over and over again: facts are skewed or removed to fit a narrative.

I for one appreciate the multiple times I have seen people wildly proclaim things that aren't true, only to have dpdoll reel them in.

Would I do it the same way, to the exact same examples? Perhaps not. But in general without dpdoll there would be a lot more tall tales around here.

Nah, he's a nutjob. But he's our nutjob!

The single biggest thing I dislike about Gopher football is the generalized comments that are made about the program that are negative and not fact based: "The Gophers haven't been good in over 50 years" etc. I see it over and over again: facts are skewed or removed to fit a narrative.

Substantive corrections, fine. Maybe I don't pay close enough attention. What I see from DPO is 90% petty crap, and given the arrogance with which he "corrects" people, his accuracy rate is way too low.

We've got millions:rolleyes: of posts on here about PJ's coach speak, but we can't have conversations with some hyperbole? Maybe we need to start using :rolleyes: marker to indicate possible exaggeration. Personally I don't think discussion on a fansite warrants footnotes/ links /sarcasm emojis and grammar police but that is the site we have.

I never have had much success getting scalpers to bite on this at other events...maybe I'm picking the wrong scalpers. Most will come down a little but none would fire sale the tickets, even though they clearly had a fistful of tickets.

+1. Several years ago I attended a game on a whim and arrived near the end of the 1st quarter and could barely get the scalper below the box office price. I don't really get it as he had more than a couple tickets and literally no one else was still looking that I could see. I guess they go into it willing to eat some.

+1. Several years ago I attended a game on a whim and arrived near the end of the 1st quarter and could barely get the scalper below the box office price. I don't really get it as he had more than a couple tickets and literally no one else was still looking that I could see. I guess they go into it willing to eat some.

On one level, it makes sense to dump the tickets for cheap once kickoff has started, but on another, if that became commonplace, you'd have more people who were willing to miss part of the game to save money, which would drive down prices. I'm guessing the people who are out to make some money scalping tickets aren't the sort of people to fold easily.

Turns out there were more no-shows than shows for the Purdue game. What made dpo's assertion that of the 31K ticket buyers, only 1K were no-shows, more ludicrious was that it came on the heels of this WSJ article, which disclosed that the Gophers averaged over 14K no-shows per game in 2017. Good thing he is here to tell everyone when a statement is outlandish.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-footballs-growing-problem-empty-seats-1535634001

Turns out there were more no-shows than shows for the Purdue game. What made dpo's assertion that of the 31K ticket buyers, only 1K were no-shows, more ludicrious was that it came on the heels of this WSJ article, which disclosed that the Gophers averaged over 14K no-shows per game in 2017. Good thing he is here to tell everyone when a statement is outlandish.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-footballs-growing-problem-empty-seats-1535634001

I wonder about what numbers are to be believed.

Some fans say the attendance numbers aren't accurate, but the no show numbers are?

Purdue game was empty

There were a couple of low attendance.....but the crowd that was there was REALLY into the game in a way I haven't seen in a while.

It was more "Oh man what will the team do next!?!" and then a lot of fun as opposed to the crowd fearful of....bad things.

Less people, but perhaps also signs of a fanbase that is more hopeful.

Ya and it was the best home performance of the year. Really worried about the grittiness of our fan base for late season games!

That game was fun as I’m sure the Indiana game was (missed it). There may not be 50k fans that are die hard enough to handle a late season cold battle for the big ten west championship, but I cannot wait to find out.

Curious if anyone here purchased the Gopher Pass for this season and what their thoughts are so far?

I've been impressed. I have both chairback seats upstairs and a bench seat downstairs.

I have found it easy to use, and suggested to someone on the fan board that the electronic option should be available for all season tickets.

I have been given great seats for the money every time, but I realize for the PSU/Wisconsin games I may be standing room only.

Of course I like roaming around, so I have never sat in my actual seats for moment this year and this program is great for me. If an elderly relative, structure loving friend, or SO ever wants to go, then of course,I might need to live with the limitations of the program, but for now it is great.

The seats assigned seem to move around a bit, so it seems that the U of M might in a rare sign of brilliance, be showcasing various sightlines to entice a fence sitting fans into to pulling the trigger and buying more , and permanent tickets.

Last edited:

Top Bottom