Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Gophers Unveil All-Mobile Ticket for $199.96!

Today, the University of Minnesota released a new ticket option for Gopher Football fans who want a chance to take in all seven home games in 2019.

Full press release can be found below:

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 10.08.57 AM.jpg

Default Gophers Unveil All-Mobile Ticket for $199.96

per the U:

Gophers Unveil All-Mobile Ticket for $199.96

The University of Minnesota introduced today the most flexible ticket ever for Gopher football fans. For only $199.96, the Gopher Pass grants you access to all seven home games at TCF Bank Stadium in 2019.

Fans who purchase the Gopher Pass prior to Aug. 6, 2019, can make four easy payments of $49.99 to see Minnesota face Wisconsin, Nebraska, Penn State, Illinois, Maryland, South Dakota State and Georgia Southern. That's an average of $28.56 per game.

The Gopher Pass is an all-mobile ticket that allows fans to watch games from different locations each game.

Here's how it works.

Fans who sign up for The Gopher Pass will have a digital ticket delivered to their smartphone via a text message prior to each game. Fans will then be able to manage their ticket from their phone and will scan their digital ticket to gain entry into TCF Bank Stadium.

The Gopher Pass allows for fans to link their accounts with other Gopher Pass users as well, which means those individuals will receive assigned locations together. There is also an option that allows fans to buy guest tickets and then easily transfer them.

The Gopher Pass grants fans access to all seven home games in 2019, but if a game is sold out then it does not guarantee them a seat. In this instance, fans with a Gopher Pass will receive admission to TCF Bank Stadium and will be granted access to a standing room only area.

Minnesota is 41-29 all-time at TCF Bank Stadium. The Gophers are 15-6 in their last 21 home games and have won 10 straight non-conference home games.

Go Gophers!!

Pretty good program.

The only think I worry about is everything going all digital.

I really like the fancy printed tickets.

>a standing room only area.

I'm going to be an old fuddy duddy but I really hate standing room only type setups. Especially higher profile games I get folks swooping in and sitting in my seats and those around me if they think nobody is sitting there... it's a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Pretty good program.

The only think I worry about is everything going all digital.

I really like the fancy printed tickets.

>a standing room only area.

I'm going to be an old fuddy duddy but I really hate standing room only type setups. Especially higher profile games I get folks swooping in and sitting in my seats and those around me if they think nobody is sitting there... it's a hassle.
    I'm not sure this ticketing option is for you then.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsfan21 View Post
    I'm not sure this ticketing option is for you then.
    Same goes with those folks sitting in my seats....

So for non-conference games you'll get good-ish seats. OK seats for Maryland and Illinois and then bad/SRO for the other 3? Thats about how I see it.

Still tempting at that price point.

I have been hammering on the athletic department for lack of creativity. This is a start. Not sure it is something I would buy, but I like that they are at least trying something. Probably geared toward younger ticket buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    I have been hammering on the athletic department for lack of creativity. This is a start. Not sure it is something I would buy, but I like that they are at least trying something. Probably geared toward younger ticket buyers.
    My thoughts too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

It's a step in the right direction, but if they would take away the seating fee with the exception of the prime seats in the stadium, I truly believe you would see tickets move like never before. "Mega Tongue" left his legacy and it has cost the Ath. Dept. big time in all the major sports at the U of M. One would think that the AD would and does see this and make the change. If he did, it would go along way in improving the peoples perception of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Johnson View Post
    It's a step in the right direction, but if they would take away the seating fee with the exception of the prime seats in the stadium, I truly believe you would see tickets move like never before. "Mega Tongue" left his legacy and it has cost the Ath. Dept. big time in all the major sports at the U of M. One would think that the AD would and does see this and make the change. If he did, it would go along way in improving the peoples perception of him.
    There are thousands and thousands of seats that don't carry a scholarship donation requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    There are thousands and thousands of seats that don't carry a scholarship donation requirement.
    I think the cheapest ticket is $35 right (and no donation added to that). So this deal is only about $6-7 less than that. Might be better off just buying the $35 seats and then moving to nicer, empty seats for the less popular games. That way you have a guaranteed seat for the more popular games.
    Last edited by Word; 07-08-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Dpodoll68 I do not know about "thousands and thousands" but I do know those seats are full because of the cost and they definitely are not in the prime area. Also those fans that buy the no fee seat tickets move into the empty prime seating areas. I do know that the seats in zone 4 which are on the goal line or close to it have to pay a fee and I do not consider those prime seats. I also have several friends that are in accessible seating (handicap) and are not in the prime seating areas and they have to pay a fee. Just eliminate the seating fee except in the prime seating areas between the 30's yard lines. I do know that if they would have had this new option available when I had to renew my ST I would have taken the new package they are now offering. There will be some good seats available because fans are still bailing out of their season tickets because of that fee they want us to pay. I am not real happy that they are now offering this now. To me this means they are not selling ST, or meeting their goals. Once again they are stiffing the ST holder.
    Last edited by Kit Johnson; 07-08-2019 at 05:41 PM.

For years we were in seats w/o scholarship requirement, they were pretty decent seats. We were on about the 20 yard line or so. No chairbacks so that sucked. We finally upgraded and paid the $100 donation to get chairback seats and move over, and found them well worth it. Seats just across the isle had fire higher donation

last year no season tickets as my buddy moved away

This year we renewed in the cheapest section because we spent that much just for Purdue/Iowa games, so if we get a 3rd in bonus. Games he's not in town I'll probably go to, just have to round up friends...

Exactly what I was thinking. A decent plan, and worth considering. But it's still a bandage for self-inflicted wound.

JTG

It is a great option if you are not in a group and like moving around during the game.
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher