Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Gophers Unveil All-Mobile Ticket for $199.96!

Today, the University of Minnesota released a new ticket option for Gopher Football fans who want a chance to take in all seven home games in 2019.

Full press release can be found below:

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 10.08.57 AM.jpg

Default Gophers Unveil All-Mobile Ticket for $199.96

per the U:

Gophers Unveil All-Mobile Ticket for $199.96

The University of Minnesota introduced today the most flexible ticket ever for Gopher football fans. For only $199.96, the Gopher Pass grants you access to all seven home games at TCF Bank Stadium in 2019.

Fans who purchase the Gopher Pass prior to Aug. 6, 2019, can make four easy payments of $49.99 to see Minnesota face Wisconsin, Nebraska, Penn State, Illinois, Maryland, South Dakota State and Georgia Southern. That's an average of $28.56 per game.

The Gopher Pass is an all-mobile ticket that allows fans to watch games from different locations each game.

Here's how it works.

Fans who sign up for The Gopher Pass will have a digital ticket delivered to their smartphone via a text message prior to each game. Fans will then be able to manage their ticket from their phone and will scan their digital ticket to gain entry into TCF Bank Stadium.

The Gopher Pass allows for fans to link their accounts with other Gopher Pass users as well, which means those individuals will receive assigned locations together. There is also an option that allows fans to buy guest tickets and then easily transfer them.

The Gopher Pass grants fans access to all seven home games in 2019, but if a game is sold out then it does not guarantee them a seat. In this instance, fans with a Gopher Pass will receive admission to TCF Bank Stadium and will be granted access to a standing room only area.

Minnesota is 41-29 all-time at TCF Bank Stadium. The Gophers are 15-6 in their last 21 home games and have won 10 straight non-conference home games.

Go Gophers!!

Pretty good program.

The only think I worry about is everything going all digital.

I really like the fancy printed tickets.

>a standing room only area.

I'm going to be an old fuddy duddy but I really hate standing room only type setups. Especially higher profile games I get folks swooping in and sitting in my seats and those around me if they think nobody is sitting there... it's a hassle.

So for non-conference games you'll get good-ish seats. OK seats for Maryland and Illinois and then bad/SRO for the other 3? Thats about how I see it.

Still tempting at that price point.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Pretty good program.

The only think I worry about is everything going all digital.

I really like the fancy printed tickets.

>a standing room only area.

I'm going to be an old fuddy duddy but I really hate standing room only type setups. Especially higher profile games I get folks swooping in and sitting in my seats and those around me if they think nobody is sitting there... it's a hassle.
    I'm not sure this ticketing option is for you then.

I have been hammering on the athletic department for lack of creativity. This is a start. Not sure it is something I would buy, but I like that they are at least trying something. Probably geared toward younger ticket buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsfan21 View Post
    I'm not sure this ticketing option is for you then.
    Same goes with those folks sitting in my seats....

It is a great option if you are not in a group and like moving around during the game.
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

I like this and unlike so much of what has come out of the program related to the attempts to fill seats - I see this as a win/win for everyone. Sometimes regular season tickets can be devalued by discounts but in this case the moving around, and possibility of being in standing room makes a trade off for the highly discounted rate. I hope a lot of people take advantage of this. It seems like a great way to fill seats that would otherwise be empty, and at least get something in terms of money for them.

This is the first good ticketing idea to come out of the Gopher AD in a long time.

Seems like a good program and deal for local fans. Only flaw I can think of is if too many fans sign up for Gopher Pass and then a game sells out — not enough SRO. Champagne problem for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    I have been hammering on the athletic department for lack of creativity. This is a start. Not sure it is something I would buy, but I like that they are at least trying something. Probably geared toward younger ticket buyers.
    My thoughts too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Love this program and I will consider switching to it for next season. Well done Gopher Athletics!

Not sure how it would work, but I wonder if they would try something like this for hoops

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingMyTailOff View Post
    Love this program and I will consider switching to it for next season. Well done Gopher Athletics!
    You do bring up a good point...how much do they cannibalize their existing ST base with a program like this one.

It's a step in the right direction, but if they would take away the seating fee with the exception of the prime seats in the stadium, I truly believe you would see tickets move like never before. "Mega Tongue" left his legacy and it has cost the Ath. Dept. big time in all the major sports at the U of M. One would think that the AD would and does see this and make the change. If he did, it would go along way in improving the peoples perception of him.