Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Caligopher is a liar and a troll. Ignore list him as I have and stop quoting him. Eventually, no one will care to, nor be able to read his vomit.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    Caligopher is a liar and a troll. Ignore list him as I have and stop quoting him. Eventually, no one will care to, nor be able to read his vomit.
    Done. That last one was the straw that broke the camels back.

Coachspeak would be “we’re still a young team” or “we have a small senior class”. If he’s going to state erroneous information why are your panties in a wad he gets called on it? It is ridiculous and he should feel a little embarrassed when he’s getting trolled by a 200 yr old sportswriter. What? No.

Were Kill or Mason ever full of sh*t at times? I didn’t really pay much attention, but I’m guessing they probably were. Especially Mason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Coachspeak would be “we’re still a young team” or “we have a small senior class”. If he’s going to state erroneous information why are your panties in a wad he gets called on it? It is ridiculous and he should feel a little embarrassed when he’s getting trolled by a 200 yr old sportswriter. What? No.
    Because that particular poster is a metronome. The same thing...over...and over...and over...and over...and over. Completely predictable and without nuance. A metronome is simply boring. Life is too short and too interesting to waste time on someone who is nothing but a bore.
    Last edited by Urbandale; 07-07-2019 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    Were Kill or Mason ever full of sh*t at times? I didn’t really pay much attention, but I’m guessing they probably were. Especially Mason.

Only after I decided I didn't like them... and less so when I liked them, weird how that works.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete smith View Post
    I think you are a little heavy with calling PJ a liar. Apparently you don’t understand “coach speak”. Either that or you are a flaming liberal and everything you disagree with, must be a lie.
    I understand coach speak. I’m not a flaming liberal.

There are things in between, but keep on living in a black and white world.

For a coach that speaks so reverently about integrity, his words indicate his is lacking. He could make the same points without being factually incorrect, as just about every coach does.

If he made an occasional reference to a number that was off but didn’t repeat it ad nauseam, I wouldn’t care. Everyone makes mistakes. Not everyone pushes a false narrative to inflate their own accomplishments.

Usually you have to wade I to the murk and muck of politics to get into that (both sides of the aisle. There is no difference between the parties. They’re all in it to make decisions for others they won’t accept for themselves).

It doesn’t bother you. It bothers me.

Especially because of his chest thumping about how he’s changed the culture in the program to elevate it to a higher standard.

Apparently that higher standard only applies to some, so maybe that’s it. Fleck is a politician in a coaches clothing.

I guess that would make it possible that he just doesn’t know the difference between facts and lies. Or he doesn’t care. Neither one is “ok”, and none of it is necessary.

If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

People are renewing. - Mark Coyle

Blog Entries

Absolutely they were, like just about every other coach out there. It’s called coach speak. There is a difference between coach speak and intentionally using inaccurate information (aka lying).

All coaches misspeak, get facts wrong. I can’t think of any that repeat the same incorrect information ad nauseam without care or concern outside of Fleck, but in fairness I don’t pay much attention to coaches of other programs.

If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

People are renewing. - Mark Coyle

I guess it is fine to be OK with misleading and untrue statements of meaningless nature such as these - but please let’s not refer to this crap as “coach speak”? Coach speak is meant to motivate, not mislead. How is saying you won 4 of 5 to end the year or that you only have 12 seniors “coach speak”?

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Default PJ Fleck Interview new - Sunday 7-7-19

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    I guess it is fine to be OK with misleading and untrue statements of meaningless nature such as these - but please let’s not refer to this crap as “coach speak”? Coach speak is meant to motivate, not mislead. How is saying you won 4 of 5 to end the year or that you only have 12 seniors “coach speak”?

I think it was Sid who said there were 12 seniors. There are actually 13, according to the roster on the website. Is one of them leaving, or did Sid miscount? He’s almost 100 years old, so I’ll cut him some slack.

I think it was Sid who said there were 12 seniors. There are actually 13, according to the roster on the website. Is one of them leaving, or did Sid miscount? He’s almost 100 years old, so I’ll cut him some slack.

There is only 12 seniors listed on the 247 website.

If this kind of stuff is the biggest knock on Fleck's integrity/character I would consider that pretty damn good for the coaching world. I personally care more about whether our coach can make this program a winner or not. I don't care to obsess over the character of the man, especially over such small meaningless "transgressions".

Blog Entries

Thanks SON for the continued valuable summaries of the PJF Sunday interviews.

We were hankering for a coach who can recruit and communicate to Gopher World.

Now that we have PJF, some people are always going to whine and complain. Calling PJF a liar is underhanded.

I like the direction of the program and the way that they are continuing to inculcate and improve what JK has started.

I hope that Gopher football become and remain stable for years to come.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    Now that we have PJF, some people are always going to whine and complain. Calling PJF a liar is underhanded.
    Look, you can argue that the things he lies about are meaningless and it isn’t a big deal — but the bolded part is just not true. To say something that you know isn’t true with the intent to mislead is a lie. Nothing underhanded in calling it so. To say we won 4 of 5, that he took a paycut to come here, that 80% of our players are underclassmen, etc. etc. are falsehoods and therefore lies. It’s not coach speak either. Underhanded would be more like the “maturation” comment you made on here not long ago.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post

You are a "Great Poster"

That's message board speak!

Don't think too hard on it!