Ranking Penn State’s away games for traveling fans (#5. At Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joel:

5. Minnesota (Nov. 9)

Yes, Minnesota is on the upswing under P.J. Fleck, but this series has become lopsided in recent years.

The teams have met 14 times, and the Nittany Lions lead the series 9-5, and have taken five of the last six meetings, with Minnesota’s win coming in 2013, a 24-10 decision in the midst of the fallout from the Sandusky scandal.

Even with the uneven series totals, though, the games themselves have mostly remained competitive. Penn State needed overtime to top the Golden Gophers 29-26 in 2016, which was when the teams last met. The 2009 Penn State 20-0 win remains the only game decided by more than two scores since PSU romped to a 44-14 win in 2005.

Away from the field, there’s plenty enough to do in a city such as Minneapolis, with attractions like the Mall of America and plenty of museums and theatres.

Even still, this is a game Penn State should win by two or more scores, and traveling to Minneapolis will require flying or an extremely long drive.

Ticket prices range from $70 to $325 for the game.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatef...io-state-michigan-after-up-and-down-june.html

Go Gophers!!

PSU won't win by two scores. In fact, they won't win.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

"Should win" by two or more scores? "Should"? Ha - based on what? Particularly since this game is in Minneapolis, it wouldn't be surprising if the Gophers are favored. And if Penn St. is favored, it won't be by two or more scores.

The only way to change attitudes is to start winning more of these games. The Wisconsin win was a good start, but the skeptics probably view it as a fluke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even still, this is a game Penn State should win by two or more scores, and traveling to Minneapolis will require flying or an extremely long drive.

Go Gophers!!

Thanks PA Live, I needed a good buzzed Friday night laugh. What an absurd claim.

We always play Penn St hard. I don't know why. But we always play well in those games. I walking into a bar to meet my buddy and watching Penn St fumble on the first play from scrimmage and us almost shutting them out. We did have the ugly OT loss where we gave up a td on the first play of overtime. Anyway, it will be a close competitive game. Who knows who will win. They should, they have more talent. But we're home.

I like when he describes the series as "lopsided in recent years" and then proceeds to back it up with the last game going to overtime and the one before that the Gophers won by 2 TD.

We always play Penn St hard. I don't know why. But we always play well in those games. I walking into a bar to meet my buddy and watching Penn St fumble on the first play from scrimmage and us almost shutting them out. We did have the ugly OT loss where we gave up a td on the first play of overtime. Anyway, it will be a close competitive game. Who knows who will win. They should, they have more talent. But we're home.

I'm just going to ask this not assuming anything, but based on what do you say they have "more talent"? If it's purely based on recruiting class rankings, sure. But it best not be based on guys who have produced at this level (and by that I mean shown they are talented enough to play)

It is for the Governor's Bell after all!! :rolleyes:

I'm just going to ask this not assuming anything, but based on what do you say they have "more talent"? If it's purely based on recruiting class rankings, sure. But it best not be based on guys who have produced at this level (and by that I mean shown they are talented enough to play)

Recruiting Rankings. On paper. That's all.

Top Bottom