Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers612 View Post
    I would bet he gets minutes in the NBA this season. Sure, he signed with a contending team, which would suggest that he will struggle to find minutes with the Clippers... But by all accounts, Leonard chose the Clippers because they will be on-board with load management. So if Kawhi is playing in only 65 regular season games, they will need to supplement their bench at some point this season. Enter Coffey.

He got a lot of crap on here and social media, but everything worked out for him. He is in a good place. The other 29 NBA teams can also sign them to their 14-man roster if he balls out in G-League or plays well in his NBA opportunities. He couldn't have asked for a better outcome really. Not sure his outcome would have changed if he came back this year
    It's actually one of the best case scenarios for him to get minutes. Teams with multiple max players need to find bargains on the cheap to fill out their roster. Amir will get some minutes this year (most likely).

It has to have been a pretty exciting couple months for him and he did everything right. He led us down the stretch and in the Big 10 tournament and now he has a legit chance to be on an NBA team with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers612 View Post
    I would bet he gets minutes in the NBA this season. Sure, he signed with a contending team, which would suggest that he will struggle to find minutes with the Clippers... But by all accounts, Leonard chose the Clippers because they will be on-board with load management. So if Kawhi is playing in only 65 regular season games, they will need to supplement their bench at some point this season. Enter Coffey.

He got a lot of crap on here and social media, but everything worked out for him. He is in a good place. The other 29 NBA teams can also sign them to their 14-man roster if he balls out in G-League or plays well in his NBA opportunities. He couldn't have asked for a better outcome really. Not sure his outcome would have changed if he came back this year
    Spot on. He's in a great situation. Who knows if his agency had an inkling that Leonard/George would end up there, but if they did they certainly earned every dollar of their commission.

Last year almost every guy in the G-League who was on a two-way deal played some time for their NBA team. So odds are very good that Amir gets some run in a NBA game this coming season. I'll be tuned in when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by bc2211 View Post
    He has done all the little things, at times. And he has been a gamer, at times. He also had a tendency to disappear for two or three games in a row that carried into this year. Iíd also argue that he didnít play that smart. A lot of wreckless drives to the left into traffic last year that resulted in leak outs for opponents.

Iíd rather not be pessimistic, I just think itís a little early for revisionist history. I donno, Iím pulling for the guy who showed up in Madison though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was talking about his game with the Clippers, not his time with the Gophers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    I was talking about his game with the Clippers, not his time with the Gophers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Small sample size, but fair enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only saw several highlights but it was fun to see Murph make a couple of his patended moves to the basket and put it in yesterday. Believe he moved into my top 5 favorite Gopher list. Which might actually be in double figures by now.