Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    11,080

    Default

    Zero chance he’s fired for wins/losses. Like Pitino the promise of talent maturing in the system will always give hope for next year. Maybe by year 5 he’ll be at risk.


  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    My prediction is the hottest seats in the West come December 2019 belong to Paul Chryst and Jeff Brohm. Neither will get fired over it -- Brohm has too big of a contract and Chryst has enough goodwill built up. I do think those teams will disappoint their fans the most in the West.
    I think Chryst for sure.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    There is a 0% chance Fleck gets fired this year.
    Well, good thing that isn't what the article was about.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Well, good thing that isn't what the article was about.
    Well the article is about hot seat.
    So if he isn’t going to get fired this year, that means he isn’t on the hot seat this year.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Well, good thing that isn't what the article was about.
    OMG, really? What is "the hot seat" related to if not getting fired? Keep sinking lower.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PoockItInfor6 View Post
    I think Chryst for sure.
    Nope.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    OMG, really? What is "the hot seat" related to if not getting fired? Keep sinking lower.
    Umm- the article is about finishing the year on the hot seat which is NOT the same as getting fired this year. Is this really difficult to comprehend?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    OMG, really? What is "the hot seat" related to if not getting fired? Keep sinking lower.
    The hot seat is about being in danger of being fired, not actually getting fired.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    Well the article is about hot seat.
    So if he isn’t going to get fired this year, that means he isn’t on the hot seat this year.
    That's not what being on the hot seat means.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,289
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    That's not what being on the hot seat means.
    You can explain it for them. You can't understand it for them.
    If we want to fix what happened, you need to fire Coyle and Kaler as well.

    People are renewing. - Mark Coyle

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    That's not what being on the hot seat means.
    If you are on the hot seat at the end of the year. To me that means you are at risk of getting fired. We must have a different definition of hot seat.

    If you don’t have to be at risk of being fired to be on the hot seat. Then probably every power 5 coach who doesn’t make a bowl game is on the hot seat at the end of every season with a few rare exceptions. Because any power 5 coach missing a bowl would lose their job by following it up with an 0-12 type campaign.


    To me, being on the hot seat means you’re at risk of losing your job. Agree to disagree

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    If you are on the hot seat at the end of the year. To me that means you are at risk of getting fired. We must have a different definition of hot seat.

    If you don’t have to be at risk of being fired to be on the hot seat. Then probably every power 5 coach who doesn’t make a bowl game is on the hot seat at the end of every season with a few rare exceptions. Because any power 5 coach missing a bowl would lose their job by following it up with an 0-12 type campaign.


    To me, being on the hot seat means you’re at risk of losing your job. Agree to disagree
    Yes, that is exactly what being on the hot seat means. Losing your job (being fired) is not the same as being at risk of losing your job. Glad you finally figured it out.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,806
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Hey look, dpo is back at being an insufferable @ss!

    Someone, get him the Oreos! Also, it might be time to ban him. The contributions he's making here add nothing positive to the discussion.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker View Post
    Hey look, dpo is back at being an insufferable @ss!

    Someone, get him the Oreos! Also, it might be time to ban him. The contributions he's making here add nothing positive to the discussion.
    The nonsensical Oreos "joke" you keep making wasn't funny or creative the first 2,770 times you made it, but surely the 2,771st time is really going to stick and have them rolling in the aisles.

    You're calling for my banning (idiotically) and yet I'm the one discussing the topic at hand while you're doing nothing but attacking me and making lame-ass jokes about me. Yup, you're really adding to the discussion. Great contributions.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    Umm- the article is about finishing the year on the hot seat which is NOT the same as getting fired this year. Is this really difficult to comprehend?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If there’s no chance he’s fired this year, the seat isn’t very warm. Yes, you can be on the hot seat and not get fired. But the hot seat is a gauge for how close you are to being fired. So again, zero chance of getting fired means he’s not on the hot seat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •