Analysis: Gophers receive a commitment from four-star Kansas WR Daniel Jackson

Wow. The kid appears to be a living highlight reel.

Shows a little of everything. Good route running, hands, moves after the catch, speed, and ability to bust trough a tackle if needed,

Best receiver film that I've seen commit to PJ to date.

I'm very excited about Jackson, but did you watch Bateman's senior film?

I'm very excited about Jackson, but did you watch Bateman's senior film?

Yup... I'm going to go back and refresh myself... done, and I stand corrected. But both are exemplary reels. Bateman really has really
exceptional VISION after the catch...

Last edited:

The reason we only have his Sophomore highlights, is because he tore his ACL last August. The good news is he was able to compete on the track team this Spring. Not playing last season likely kept him under the radar a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully he can stay healthy for his senior season, first year back from an ACL tear can see compensation injuries occur.

The current and near future gopher WR corps has good potential to become the best WR corps ever for the Gophers.

The exciting thing with skill guys is that if you find the right ones (ie...Bateman) they can come in and produce right away. Regardless of what happens with the current commits at the position this staff has done an amazing job overhauling and reshaping a position that was a complete mess for years. WR has gone from one of the weakest spots on the team to one of the strongest in a relatively short period of time.

Very nice get for Fleck & Co!

Love this. He sounds like a great recruit. Question: Who appears to be the best “big” (6’1” or taller) receiver recruit for the Gophers? I’m getting pretty accustomed to these 6’2” studs who you can just throw up a jump ball and they come down with it 98% of the time!

Surprised he's only ranked the 54th best WR recruit, yet he's rated 4 stars. There must be a ton of 5 star and 4 star WR recruits out there

Surprised he's only ranked the 54th best WR recruit, yet he's rated 4 stars. There must be a ton of 5 star and 4 star WR recruits out there

In 2018 there were 410 total 4 and 5 star recruits. Currently on Rivals there are 62 4 and 5 star WR recruits. So, no, not a ton of them.

From: https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ecruiting-stars-rankings-high-school-football

The long odds start when players are recruits.

The NCAA said in 2013 there were 310,000-some seniors playing football. Here’s how long their odds are to reach various recruiting ratings, using class of 2018 data from Rivals, if we settle on 300,000 football-playing seniors as a fair estimate.

• 30 five-stars, or 0.01 percent of the class
  • 380 four-stars, or 0.13 percent of the class
  • 1,328 three-stars, or 0.44 percent of the class
  • 1,859 two-stars, or 0.62 percent of the class
  • 296,403 unrated, or 98.88 percent of the class

Love this. He sounds like a great recruit. Question: Who appears to be the best “big” (6’1” or taller) receiver recruit for the Gophers? I’m getting pretty accustomed to these 6’2” studs who you can just throw up a jump ball and they come down with it 98% of the time!

I'm interested to watch the development of Nnamdi Adim-Madumere. True freshman (I don't think has played yet). Gophersports lists him as 6'4" 235lbs.

Had offers from Alabama, Baylor, Utah, Illinois, Kansas State, Missouri, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt among others.

The only big receiver (using your definition) recruit would be the local kid Jonathan Mann with offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Arkansas.

I'm interested to watch the development of Nnamdi Adim-Madumere. True freshman (I don't think has played yet). Gophersports lists him as 6'4" 235lbs.

Had offers from Alabama, Baylor, Utah, Illinois, Kansas State, Missouri, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt among others.

The only big receiver (using your definition) recruit would be the local kid Jonathan Mann with offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Arkansas.
Thanks. I needed that refresher. I had forgotten about Nnamdi. It is such an advantage to have good tall receivers, as they are often being covered by sub-6’ d-backs. I really hope one of these bigger guys (Van Dyne is another) develops into a top-three receiver on our team.

I can see us turning into a WR destination and with that better rated QB recruits as well. The development of our receivers under fleck and the wr’s coach is fun to watch.

In 2018 there were 410 total 4 and 5 star recruits. Currently on Rivals there are 62 4 and 5 star WR recruits. So, no, not a ton of them.

From: https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ecruiting-stars-rankings-high-school-football

The NCAA said in 2013 there were 310,000-some seniors playing football. Here’s how long their odds are to reach various recruiting ratings, using class of 2018 data from Rivals, if we settle on 300,000 football-playing seniors as a fair estimate.

Great, thanks. I know the star ratings are not precise either, e.g., I think Bateman was only a 3 star prospect.... Morgan too.

I can’t wait to see how Sid pronounces NAM’s name.

I always get nervous when these threads pop up. I'm really excited to see the Kansas duo (Jackson and Ky Thomas) in maroon and gold.

To say I’m excited about this kid is an understatement. He’s a human highlight reel. I hope it transfers to Big Ten ball.

Here are highlights of his first 9 games.

Dylan McGill has decent size. 6’ 1.5” 195 pounds.

Don't we have like 18 receivers on scholarship?

Mizzou, IL, ISU, KU and KSU sucking at football would be good for MN.

according to Rivals 4 of top 6 Gopher recruits are from St Louis, KC, Topeka, and KC.

To say I’m excited about this kid is an understatement. He’s a human highlight reel. I hope it transfers to Big Ten ball.

Here are highlights of his first 9 games.
I’d love to know who the QB is that’s feeding him those passes, he seems pretty good. Wonder where he’s going or if he’s still a Sophomore or Junior

Top Bottom