Two in a Row

Denver_Gopher

Reaction score
What I would like to see from the Gophers are two strong years in a row. In 1999 we went 8-4 then slid back. 2003, 2014 and 2016 were the same. Granted many reasons but we need more than these one season at a time decent records. If we're really moving forward under Fleck it would be nice to see us improve upon last year and continue to improve.

The way Fleck has built this roster leaves me optimistic that we will see greater consistency. When have we had quality depth at so many positions? We have two QBs that can win games, 3 1,000 yard RBs, 2 great and 2 more really good WR, 3 TEs that can play on offense. Defense has me a bit more concerned but our offense should keep our D off the field and with better field position. Would love to see a 9 win season and shot at the West with a couple weeks left in the season.

What I would like to see from the Gophers are two strong years in a row. In 1999 we went 8-4 then slid back. 2003, 2014 and 2016 were the same. Granted many reasons but we need more than these one season at a time decent records. If we're really moving forward under Fleck it would be nice to see us improve upon last year and continue to improve.
To be fair 2014 came off an eight win campaign in 2913. And the 2002 team won eight before the 2003 brokethrough with ten. I do agree that I'd like to see consistency, where we can maintain eight wins, with the occasional breakthrough year without a step back

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If 6 regular season wins is considered the first of “two in a row” then we have had two in a row more often than you think

We need to have one in a row before we can worry about two in a row. Last year was encouraging but it did not set the gold standard for MN football. Let’s get one in a row this season and take it from there.

We need to have one in a row before we can worry about two in a row. Last year was encouraging but it did not set the gold standard for MN football. Let’s get one in a row this season and take it from there.

Concur. Last year was not the first of any in a row. Last year was a disaster that was bailed out by a strong finish. A string of three or four 8+ win years in a row would be the start of something.

Top Bottom