The 5 B1G teams who are in much better shape now than when the 2010s started (3. MN)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Connor:

3. Minnesota
Like with Indiana and Purdue, some of this is just about believing that the right coach for the job is on board compared to who ran the program in 2009. Who was that for Minnesota? Tim Brewster. Need I say more?

OK, I will.

Sure, the Gophers made it to a bowl game in 2009. But that team finished the season 2-5 with one of those wins being a 3-point victory against South Dakota State. Adam Weber regressed in 2009 and with Eric Decker off to the NFL, the 2010 outlook wasn’t promising.

I’d say now with P.J. Fleck as opposed to then with a soon-to-be-fired Brewster is a much better place to be. And to be honest, yeah, a lot of that is because of what we saw from the Gophers down the stretch. Ending the streak against Wisconsin was a major hurdle, but it wasn’t just that. Including Purdue and Georgia Tech, Minnesota blew out 3 bowl-eligible teams after the first week in November.

With the way Fleck recruited, Minnesota now has the makings of a program on the rise with a young offense that seemed to figure it out late in 2018. For all the talk about Nebraska making a major push forward in the West, some would argue it’s Minnesota who stands to take the biggest leap forward.

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-t...h-better-shape-now-when-2010s-decade-started/

Go Gophers!!

Connor is not a dink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some one who actually took a look at the team and came to a conclusion that wasnt based on 20 years of history

boy, Brewster will always have a place as a favorable comparison

Top Bottom