Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Default Dem Debates 2019

https://twitter.com/bgrueskin/status...075180032?s=21

Hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    When did Savannah Guthrie and Rachel Maddow declare their candidacies?

I started to watch, but other stuff came up.

But from what I saw, it was a race to redistribute as much money possible from the upper incomes to the lower incomes.

John Delaney sounded reasonable, but his notion that the government provide free healthcare or insurance for those that don’t have it and employers will keep offering healthcare insurance to the employees that currently have it is fantasy.

Half the country getting free healthcare and the other half getting it as an employer benefit is not going to happen. That would be a temporary circumstance until everyone else is forced off their employer insurance and onto government insurance/healthcare. He would be kicking people off their employer plans just like the rest of the Dems, only with a little slower transition.

Delaney even said that hospitals would be out of business if they were reimbursed at the current Medicare rate, and no doubt that is true. And, another consequence would be that current recipients of Medicare quality of care would be reduced b/c nobody would be subsidizing and passing on the cost of their healthcare to non-Medicare folks anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Why not? Everybody else has.

The people who accomplished the most to help their cause tonight were Castro, Gabbard, Warren, and Booker.

That doesn't necessarily mean they're the best candidates or correct on all the issues.

How did Avenatti do?

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Yeah, he was confused I guess. Figured if they aren’t journalists they must be candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    The people who accomplished the most to help their cause tonight were Castro, Gabbard, Warren, and Booker.

That doesn't necessarily mean they're the best candidates or correct on all the issues.
    Interesting. I thought warren has a good first 10 mins and then faded badly. Interestingly Gabbard has the most search traffic. If she wasn’t Medicare for all...

A fair amount of feedback has been tough on Robert Francis O’Rourke.

https://twitter.com/surabees/status/...240068609?s=21

No major gaffes. No one really stood out or grabbed the crowd.

with this format, it's almost impossible to stand out. with 60 seconds to answer questions, it turns into talking points and pre-rehearsed lines.

a few candidates had some moments, but that's about it. Klobuchar tried to position herself as "not a crazy liberal." we'll see if that works. Inslee was Mr. Climate Change. the guy from Maryland looked like Mr Peterson from the old Bob Newhart Show.

I actually liked a few things Ryan said, but he looked uncomfortable. DeBlasio came off as a typical New Yorker - loud and brash. Castro and Beto were arguing a lot.

bottom line - nothing really changed tonight. maybe one or two people move up a point or down a point, but they have to narrow down the field and get to fewer candidates before we're going to see any real movement.

I thought the moderators needed to do a better job of keeping order. they should have had some way to turn mics on or off from the moderators' table to cut down on the cross-talk.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post

bottom line - nothing really changed tonight. maybe one or two people move up a point or down a point, but they have to narrow down the field and get to fewer candidates before we're going to see any real movement.
    I believe the number of donors has to double to make the cut for the next debate. That should cut the group down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    But from what I saw, it was a race to redistribute as much money possible from the upper incomes to the lower incomes.
    Good!! As it should be

I'd vote for Warren, just fine. She'd be an excellent leader for the country, when it comes to policy and decision making.

Not particularly charismatic or looking the part of a strong leader ... but oh well. And if she's not the candidate, won't bother me none.