Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

This is all going to shake out on the practice field.

A few things to consider: Morgan is a year older, so he should have looked better than a true FR. But - don't forget that the true FR was named the starter by the Coaching staff going into the season opener. The Coaches saw something that made them decide Annexstad was a better choice at that point.

Granted, things may have changed. one player may have shown more growth or development than the other. But, last year, Annexstad was the opening day starter. if the two are even this year, I think that gives Annexstad the edge. If one is clearly better than the other, then that player will start. But, if it's a dead heat, I still think Annexstad gets the first snap of the season.

After that, the question becomes this: under what circumstances would the coaching staff make a change at QB? Injury? Poor Play? how much rope does the starter get? we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Last year we were up in arms over Vic transferring out and only having 2 freshmen QBs on the roster that had never played.

Fast forward one year and now the belief is we have too much talent at QB and someone is going to leave.
    Maybe there were some who were because they didn't go to any open practices or read any of the threads on those practices, but I think it was pretty apparent he was not going to see the field at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    If itís anyone other than TM2 on opening day...and the offense sputters in the Big Ten PJ will look like a fool. Iím not predicting that scenario but itís a risk. Maybe ZA5 takes off and we all forget about the other guy.

Iíd be shocked if Morgan didnít transfer out even if itís down a level. He clearly loves to be out there and heís proven to be a competent QB. Getting spurned twice is enough motivation to seek greener pastures.
    Was Morgan your starting QB last year?

Why would he want to transfer to an FCS school?
    Georgia Southern Option Football - often out weighed but seldom out played!
    www.gsufans.com

No one is going to transfer.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    I could see Kramer transferring ZA and TM should be playing for awhile plus Clark seems to be a strong QB he has quite the arm just needs some more work I could see him playing in two years.
    Robb Smith Robbed our Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Flecknation View Post
    I could see Kramer transferring ZA and TM should be playing for awhile plus Clark seems to be a strong QB he has quite the arm just needs some more work I could see him playing in two years.
    Kramer is Coughlin's cousin and Tom Moe's grandson. I don't see him transferring. If QB doesn't work out then they can always move him to safety.

Some players are happy to have a free ride going to school somewhere they love. Being the starter on a football team isn’t the be all and end all for every kid.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    It would be highly unusual if that turned out to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Was Morgan your starting QB last year?

Why would he want to transfer to an FCS school?
    Not initially, that was Annexstad who got hurt.

I'd say morgan outperformed Annexstad

Default Outlook of Gopher QB Position

The other thing I like about Morgan is that heís a legitimate threat to run when nobody is open down field. He doesnít have blazing speed, but he has a knack for getting what he needs to move the chains. It gives defenses something else to think about.

I hope Fleck doesnít make his decision solely based on how they perform in practice, because we all know that can be deceiving. I doubt Tom Brady ever outperformed Drew Bledsoe in practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

If they are close it will come down to who the team wants to led by. Certainly not by a vote, but chemistry is easy to detect. I would think Morgan gained a great deal of that beating W and GT. I think ZA was the leader in that at the beginning of last year. I have no idea exactly where that is now. It is also built off the field.
    Kingdom Warriors

I’ve thought a little more about this and the quality that differentiated TM the most (to me) was probably his decisiveness and pocket awareness. Not perfect by any means but he didn’t seem as influenced by the pass rush. Obviously teams like to hit opposing QBs often and early to get into their heads and influence their accuracy, timing, mechanics and some QBs seem to be a little more “courageous” and cold blooded in terms of shrugging this off than others. Bottom line is who can make more plays? Move the chains? TM made something out of nothing more than once. Productivity in actual games with hitting is way more important than practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    I’ve thought a little more about this and the quality that differentiated TM the most (to me) was probably his decisiveness and pocket awareness. Not perfect by any means but he didn’t seem as influenced by the pass rush. Obviously teams like to hit opposing QBs often and early to get into their heads and influence their accuracy, timing, mechanics and some QBs seem to be a little more “courageous” and cold blooded in terms of shrugging this off than others. Bottom line is who can make more plays? Move the chains? TM made something out of nothing more than once. Productivity in actual games with hitting is way more important than practice.
    I agree with your take but it would have been interesting to see what a healthy ZA would have looked like behind the O-Line we were running out there in the second half of the season.

Will be an interesting battle to keep tabs on in the fall to see how it all shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by MNVCGUY View Post
    I agree with your take but it would have been interesting to see what a healthy ZA would have looked like behind the O-Line we were running out there in the second half of the season.

Will be an interesting battle to keep tabs on in the fall to see how it all shakes out.
    Yeah Zack played with a team that was still getting a hang of things early on, and he was also hurt when he played quite a bit.

Would be interesting to see how things would have played out otherwise.

Pretty sure Daniel was put out there at Iowa. Certainly a fair debate to have but to some extent like accuracy I think you either have it or you don’t. Obviously time will tell on that.