Shama: Gophers’ football marketers are trying to improve ticket sales in 2019

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Gophers’ football marketers are trying to improve ticket sales in 2019 after last season’s announced average attendance of 37,914 for seven home games. That figure was reportedly the lowest since 1992. Season tickets in 2019 are offered for as low as $35 per game. Mini-plans starting at $60 (three games) went on sale yesterday.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

I’ve gotten no less than 4 calls since 2 weeks ago.
Last year I got 0.

I’ve been buying a 3 pack for a couple years now.

per Shama:

Gophers’ football marketers are trying to improve ticket sales in 2019

That's good. I think that's probably part of their job description.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

That's good. I think that's probably part of their job description.

“U Professors trying to teach students”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Gopher Football Team Will Attempt to Win Games This Season"

and people accuse me of stating the obvious.........

This is basically a badly written lead. I would have gone with something like "U of M hopes new marketing approach will result in better football attendance in 2019."

Since I am no longer in the state, has marketing improved at all? I remember I used to think that the U either didn't have anyone from Carlson School of Management who got a marketing degree or that Carlson needed to improve their marketing program. Like, ticket prices aside, there was very little effort to get new fans to come, or old fans excited from a marketing perspective.

Since I am no longer in the state, has marketing improved at all? I remember I used to think that the U either didn't have anyone from Carlson School of Management who got a marketing degree or that Carlson needed to improve their marketing program. Like, ticket prices aside, there was very little effort to get new fans to come, or old fans excited from a marketing perspective.

I think the scholarship to the student section late in the game (come early get a paddle, stay late for a raffle) was reasonably inspired marketing to get student

#1 to the game
#2 to the game early
#3 Stick around for most of the game.

I as a fan like a lively full student section. Free tickets with Red Baron pizza last year was an effort at least, even if a little uninspiring.

Still waiting for really good cross promotion that rewards STH's like giving gopher football STH's heavily discounted tickets to fill up Basketball and Hockey, and vice versa. Keep your coffee with Coyle rewards, offer me actual value as a STH and I'll spend more.

I have been told the only thing that will work is winning games. All marketing is futile.

And with home games featuring Nebraska and Wisconsin, this crack team of marketing geniuses are very likely to be successful.

They need some TV adverts with some weird colors and patterns like the Twins or something .... whatever the hell that is.

And with home games featuring Nebraska and Wisconsin, this crack team of marketing geniuses are very likely to be successful.

I worked for a company who hired some hot shot advertising person. After one quarter they announced amazing success with their advertising!

Their YouTube advertising had taken off like a rocket and they went form like 20% of YouTube users watching the full ad and not skipping to 100% watching the full advertisement!

That of course made no sense so I checked.... they just shortened all the ads so they were below the threshold where the skip option appeared....

I worked for a company who hired some hot shot advertising person. After one quarter they announced amazing success with their advertising!

Their YouTube advertising had taken off like a rocket and they went form like 20% of YouTube users watching the full ad and not skipping to 100% watching the full advertisement!

That of course made no sense so I checked.... they just shortened all the ads so they were below the threshold where the skip option appeared....

Clever, but they still got people to "watch" at least a 15-20 second ad vs skipping after 5 seconds. So a net win for them, but a bit of a Coyle-like exaggeration in terms of the 20% to 100% jump in viewers.

Top Bottom