Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Neither is blessed from what I can tell tho.
    Come to think of it, what happed to every recruit using that line?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was bound to happen when they took prayer out of schools.


  2. Default

    He was my next choice after Kaden. My prediction for the next commit would be Jackson.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Neither is blessed from what I can tell tho.
    Come to think of it, what happed to every recruit using that line?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Noticed a lot less use of Blessed and "taking my talents to..."

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNVCGUY View Post
    Most know not to get to excited about individual recruits until they sign and crack the depth chart. But it is definitely exciting to see the trend continue of guys committing to us with legit offers from big time schools as well as our direct competition in the conference.

    Regardless of the number of stars next to their name, if we are getting kids that other teams in the Big Ten are also after it is hard to see that as anything other than a positive sign.
    Not directed at you, just piggybacking on your post.

    I say "get excited". Those saying not to get excited, are akin to someone saying not to get excited after we win a game because, it's just one game & we haven't won the championship yet. Who wants to live like that?

    So again, I say "get excited". It may not be a football game we just won, but we did just win a recruiting game & the teams we beat are something to be proud of.
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeshurun View Post
    Only 200%? Who’s going to snatch him away from us?
    200% is great, but 3000% is elite. Better step it up.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

    Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

  6. #36

    Default

    duplicate

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Not directed at you, just piggybacking on your post.

    I say "get excited". Those saying not to get excited, are akin to someone saying not to get excited after we win a game because, it's just one game & we haven't won the championship yet. Who wants to live like that?

    So again, I say "get excited". It may not be a football game we just won, but we did just win a recruiting game & the teams we beat are something to be proud of.
    But you shouldn't get excited about winning championships either, because it's possible that some day it could get vacated. Also, you shouldn't be happy for people when they get married, because some day they could get divorced. Basically, just don't allow yourself to feel joy.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    But you shouldn't get excited about winning championships either, because it's possible that some day it could get vacated. Also, you shouldn't be happy for people when they get married, because some day they could get divorced. Basically, just don't allow yourself to feel joy.
    Brilliant!

    If you allow yourself to feel joy, well, that's when the real trouble starts.
    Last edited by RememberMurray; 06-25-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    --------------

    "7 National Titles...

    ... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    But you shouldn't get excited about winning championships either, because it's possible that some day it could get vacated. Also, you shouldn't be happy for people when they get married, because some day they could get divorced. Basically, just don't allow yourself to feel joy.
    Is Happiness OK?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    Let's wait and see if he signs.
    After he signs, we have to see if he plays.
    If he plays, we have to see if he stays eligible.
    Did you morph into SON?

    Big time recruit.
    Dux Servus

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Windom, MN
    Posts
    7,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Not directed at you, just piggybacking on your post.

    I say "get excited". Those saying not to get excited, are akin to someone saying not to get excited after we win a game because, it's just one game & we haven't won the championship yet. Who wants to live like that?

    So again, I say "get excited". It may not be a football game we just won, but we did just win a recruiting game & the teams we beat are something to be proud of.
    With all due respect - you say the Gophers "won a recruiting game." I would say they have a promise to win. The win happens when the recruit - any recruit - signs a letter of intent and again when they set foot on campus.

    Yes, you can view it as a positive that the Gophers are in the conversation for good players. And, the majority of kids who make verbals do eventually sign a LOI. But, a verbal commitment is like a promise. a few weeks ago, there were several de-commits in a short period of time, and a fair amount of angst was being expressed. So, there may be an 80% or even 90% chance this latest recruit becomes a Gopher. But, until he signs, it's not final. Recruiting is a lot more cut-throat these days - other teams are not going to stop recruiting this kid just because he made a verbal. We'll find out how committed he is on signing day.

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    P5 offers: LSU, Florida St, Texas A&M, TCU, Michigan St, Iowa, Iowa St, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Ole Miss, Purdue, Missouri.

    Nice!
    Also had a Western Michigan offer. Jerry Kill lost those battles sometimes.

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    With all due respect - you say the Gophers "won a recruiting game." I would say they have a promise to win. The win happens when the recruit - any recruit - signs a letter of intent and again when they set foot on campus.

    Yes, you can view it as a positive that the Gophers are in the conversation for good players. And, the majority of kids who make verbals do eventually sign a LOI. But, a verbal commitment is like a promise. a few weeks ago, there were several de-commits in a short period of time, and a fair amount of angst was being expressed. So, there may be an 80% or even 90% chance this latest recruit becomes a Gopher. But, until he signs, it's not final. Recruiting is a lot more cut-throat these days - other teams are not going to stop recruiting this kid just because he made a verbal. We'll find out how committed he is on signing day.
    Lighten up, enjoy the moment.
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

  14. #44

    Default

    Hell of a offer list! That's the recruiting matrix that matters in my opinion. Boy this class has come together fast...0 to 100 in like 2-3 weeks!

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    Also had a Western Michigan offer. Jerry Kill lost those battles sometimes.
    What? When?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •