Seven Gophers Drafted

bonin21

Reaction score
7 current and future players for the most talented of the big three teams on campus drafted. Ryan Johnson goes in the first round and Jackson Lacombe goes early second round. Both Bob Motkzo defense pickups.

Here's to year two of the Motzko era where his brand will start to settle in more and set up a title contending year in 20-21.

How does the draft work with hockey, once you're drafted by a team does that stick with you until you turn pro, or if you don't go pro can you get drafted by another team the next go round?

How does the draft work with hockey, once you're drafted by a team does that stick with you until you turn pro, or if you don't go pro can you get drafted by another team the next go round?

I believe you only get drafted once, the team holds the rights to you for some period of time, and if you dont sign by the time that period is up, you can sign as an unrestricted free agent with anyone. If I'm mistaken, anyone should chime in and correct me.

A player who is not signed by his NHL team, within two years of being drafted, can re-enter the draft as long as he is no older than 20 at the time of the subsequent draft. Players over 20 become unrestricted free agents.

NCAA players are an exception: NHL teams retain the rights to a college player until 30 days after the player has left college.

https://www.liveabout.com/how-the-nhl-draft-works-2779285

A bunch of young, talented, players who will leave early and never help UMN win a national title. Mariucci Arena will remain mostly empty and the U will still overprice tickets.
But hey, our kids get drafted...

Top Bottom