Gophers top recruit Isaiah Ihnen to arrive in late July after playing for Germany

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

The Gophers won’t have their top recruit until late July, but Isaiah Ihnen will get an opportunity to represent his country in the meantime.

Ihnen, a 6-foot-9 incoming freshman from Germany, is the highest ranked prospect in Richard Pitino’s 2019 recruiting class, but he told the Star Tribune he needs to wait until the last week of July to join the team.

The U follows a policy that international students can only be admitted 30 days before the start of the semester.

Although he’ll miss the bulk of summer practice with the Gophers, Ihnen is spending his summer training with Germany’s U20 national team. The squad is currently playing in Italy to prepare for FIBA’s U20 European Championships July 13-21 in Tel Aviv.

Playing for the International Basketball Academy in Munich (IBAM) last season, Ihnen averaged 12.5 points, 8.9 rebounds, 2.1 assists and shot 35 percent from three-point range in Germany’s top basketball league for U19 players. He was rated as a four-star prospect and the No. 96th player in the final 2019 class rankings by 247Sports.com.

“Isaiah has good size, length and athleticism for a versatile forward,” 247Sports.com recruiting director Evan Daniels told the Star Tribune. “I think he’s a multi-positional defender who plays hard. He’s a good athlete. He’s able to stretch the floor – and there’s a lot of upside here. I think he can be a mismatch problem. With his physical tools, he’s a really good prospect.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...ate-july-after-playing-for-germany/511643962/

Go Gophers!!

Sucks he can't be here, but I think having the opportunity to play for his country and face good competition, especially if they Canada or the U.S will help him, not like he's sitting around and he will be in game shape when we go to Italy

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Very excited to see him Play. Hopefully be an awesome addition.

Top Bottom