College Football Top 130 Team Rankings for 2019 (#40. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

40. Minnesota

The Golden Gophers took a step forward in coach P.J. Fleck’s second year, and this team should be a sleeper to watch in the Big Ten West for 2019. Consistent quarterback play out of Zack Annexstad or Tanner Morgan is needed, but the offense returns one of the deepest backfields in the Big Ten and standout receiver Tyler Johnson. Can Minnesota’s defense also build off its late-season finish?

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-top-130-team-rankings-2019

Go Gophers!!

Nebraska at #17.

The continuing love for the Huskers is interesting. Either the football media experts have spotted some hidden quality that isn't obvious to me, or Scott Frost's PR person deserves a huge raise.

Will Nebraska really finish #17? Will Nebraska finish anywhere near #17?

Look, I know they have talent. And I'm on record saying I think their QB might be one of the best I've seen.

But... #17?????

Nebraska at #17.

The continuing love for the Huskers is interesting. Either the football media experts have spotted some hidden quality that isn't obvious to me, or Scott Frost's PR person deserves a huge raise.

Look, I know they have talent. And I'm on record saying I think their QB might be one of the best I've seen.

But... #17?????

Seems like the blue bloods get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to ranking after a perceived upgrade in coaching. Look no further than Texas after Tom Herman took over. It was definitely an upgrade in coaching for them, they got bumps in ratings without having proved it yet, and then the results showed that it takes more than upgrades in coaching and some time.

Nebraska at #17.

But... #17?????

I don’t think they’re that good...but they may well be ranked there at the end.

South Alabama - W
@ Colorado - Toss up but I think W
Northern Illinois - W
@ Illinois - W
Ohio State - L but Ohio state might be different with a new coach if Nebraska is 4-0 there will be a lot of energy in Lincoln
Northwestern - toss up...I think northwestern takes a step back this year
@ Minnesota - toss up
Indiana - W
@ Purdue - toss up but I think Purdue is a 5-7 win team next year
Wisconsin - toss up but I think they beat Wisconsin
@ Maryland - W I full expect Maryland’s coach to have similar success to what he did last time he was a head coach
Iowa - toss up

I think 5 surefire wins
I think 1 probable loss
I think 6 games that determine the season...and I think they are the better team in 4 games and pretty even in 2 (minnesota and iowa)

Go 4-2 in those 6 games and they’re going to be 9-3 and rated 17th

They are very lucky they don’t need to play SDSU and Fresno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom