Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thomas Speth: It's time to hate Minnesota again.

per Speth:

How am I supposed to hate a team that hadnít beaten my team since before Facebook was invented? How am I supposed to hate a team that employed Tim Brewster?

Not anymore.

PJ Fleck ruined that.

He ruined the perfect tragedy that was Minnesota football. I can properly hate Minnesota now, because they are a threat. I donít have to pretend to hate them just because theyíre nearby.

They beat Wisconsin. They just didnít beat Wisconsin. They destroyed Wisconsin. And Iíve never felt worse. I actually died on the inside watching Minnesota beat Wisconsin and I was bartending, and I literally felt my soul leave my body. It was so unacceptable, so unfathomable. Youíre no longer UW-Whitewater to a UW-Oshkosh guy. You are a hatred that can be understood.

Minnesota is pure unmitigated garbage. You have an absolutely horrendous mascot that couldnít be less intimidating. Your color scheme looks like something that ends up in my toilet after eating Taco Bell [ed. note: See a doctor, dude]. The nation deciding racism wasnít cool on college campuses rendered you irrelevant in football.

None of those are new insults. Minnesota has just now managed to be mediocre at football. Wisconsin will win the West Division ten times before Minnesota wins it twice. Fleck will be coaching Notre Dame in 2020.

I donít care though, Minnesota is worthy of hate. Finally. And that hatred burns with a passion that can only exist in the longest continuous rivalry in the FBS.

I never knew what it was like to really hate Minnesota football until now. And it finally hit me.

And it stings. It burns. It might even keep me up at night.

https://www.offtackleempire.com/2019...finally-hating

Go Gophers!!

And it stings. It burns. It might even keep me up at night.
    No, that’s the crabs from your UW bar wench.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Speth:

Wisconsin will win the West Division ten times before Minnesota wins it twice.
    Badger fan admits Gophers will win the West. We're commmiinnnnn!!!

I anticipate Fleck pounding them again this year.

Fleck will be coaching Notre Dame in 2020.

Fleck haters liking this? I'm on board with him, so is the team and so are his recruits. Looking for great things from the Gophers!

Seeing Wisconsin's colors in the toilet is when you really need to see a doctor.

Uhhhh, WHO is the author? Clearly someone who has an inflated opinion of his football team and his own opinions.

At the end of the day, this piece has little to do with a hatred of the Gophers; it's the realization that author's team had a chance for a number of years to do more than they did and now that time is done and gone. I know, I know, it's a lot more painful to be on the way down than up.

Anyone care to offer up an accurate over/under of how many times a day the author will be checking this site for what Gopher fans are saying?

I would say no less than 5 times a day.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    Fleck will be coaching Notre Dame in 2020.

Fleck haters liking this? I'm on board with him, so is the team and so are his recruits. Looking for great things from the Gophers!
    Flecks will never get the Notre Dame job. Row the Boat prevented him from going to Eugene, no chance Touchdown Jesus embraces it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GopherWeatherGuy View Post
    Seeing Wisconsin's colors in the toilet is when you really need to see a doctor.
    Not sure the Doctor can help you at that point

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That guy is an exceptionally sh1tty writer.

Is his hatred elite?
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Speth:

Minnesota is pure unmitigated garbage. You have an absolutely horrendous mascot that couldn’t be less intimidating.
    https://www.offtackleempire.com/2019...finally-hating
    Unfortunately for you, your badger mascot is more 'intimidating' than your football team.

Goldy rules. Bucky is a weasel.
    Last edited by RememberMurray; 06-22-2019 at 07:11 AM.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".

Can Bucky spin his head? I donít think so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference between Goldy and Bucky are obvious. Goldy is that strong and friendly type, like the Rock. He would be fun to hang with, but you wouldnít want to piss him off. Bucky is that dim and creepy type, like PeeWee Herman. He can be funny, but you wouldnít trust with anything or anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I liked the article. It's satire. We want WI fans thinking of us like this. Before last year, they weren't even thinking about us at all. That's his point.