Thomas Speth: It's time to hate Minnesota again.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Speth:

How am I supposed to hate a team that hadn’t beaten my team since before Facebook was invented? How am I supposed to hate a team that employed Tim Brewster?

Not anymore.

PJ Fleck ruined that.

He ruined the perfect tragedy that was Minnesota football. I can properly hate Minnesota now, because they are a threat. I don’t have to pretend to hate them just because they’re nearby.

They beat Wisconsin. They just didn’t beat Wisconsin. They destroyed Wisconsin. And I’ve never felt worse. I actually died on the inside watching Minnesota beat Wisconsin and I was bartending, and I literally felt my soul leave my body. It was so unacceptable, so unfathomable. You’re no longer UW-Whitewater to a UW-Oshkosh guy. You are a hatred that can be understood.

Minnesota is pure unmitigated garbage. You have an absolutely horrendous mascot that couldn’t be less intimidating. Your color scheme looks like something that ends up in my toilet after eating Taco Bell [ed. note: See a doctor, dude]. The nation deciding racism wasn’t cool on college campuses rendered you irrelevant in football.

None of those are new insults. Minnesota has just now managed to be mediocre at football. Wisconsin will win the West Division ten times before Minnesota wins it twice. Fleck will be coaching Notre Dame in 2020.

I don’t care though, Minnesota is worthy of hate. Finally. And that hatred burns with a passion that can only exist in the longest continuous rivalry in the FBS.

I never knew what it was like to really hate Minnesota football until now. And it finally hit me.

And it stings. It burns. It might even keep me up at night.

https://www.offtackleempire.com/201...-paul-bunyans-axe-rivalry-game-finally-hating

Go Gophers!!

Fleck will be coaching Notre Dame in 2020.

Fleck haters liking this? I'm on board with him, so is the team and so are his recruits. Looking for great things from the Gophers!

Seeing Wisconsin's colors in the toilet is when you really need to see a doctor.

Uhhhh, WHO is the author? Clearly someone who has an inflated opinion of his football team and his own opinions.

At the end of the day, this piece has little to do with a hatred of the Gophers; it's the realization that author's team had a chance for a number of years to do more than they did and now that time is done and gone. I know, I know, it's a lot more painful to be on the way down than up.

Anyone care to offer up an accurate over/under of how many times a day the author will be checking this site for what Gopher fans are saying?

I would say no less than 5 times a day.

Fleck will be coaching Notre Dame in 2020.

Fleck haters liking this? I'm on board with him, so is the team and so are his recruits. Looking for great things from the Gophers!
Flecks will never get the Notre Dame job. Row the Boat prevented him from going to Eugene, no chance Touchdown Jesus embraces it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Can Bucky spin his head? I don’t think so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference between Goldy and Bucky are obvious. Goldy is that strong and friendly type, like the Rock. He would be fun to hang with, but you wouldn’t want to piss him off. Bucky is that dim and creepy type, like PeeWee Herman. He can be funny, but you wouldn’t trust with anything or anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I liked the article. It's satire. We want WI fans thinking of us like this. Before last year, they weren't even thinking about us at all. That's his point.

They think that the Gophers will always be a cake walk on their schedule. I have bad news Badger - go find a deep hole to hide.

Last edited:

I liked the article. It's satire. We want WI fans thinking of us like this. Before last year, they weren't even thinking about us at all. That's his point.
Yes. Commentary like this is a good sign. Terribly written but a good sign.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Yes. That is his point. You're correct.

The author also wants us Minnesota fans to 'return his fire', insult for insult. It's part of the fun of a real college football rivalry. It becomes a contest: which side can be funnier, more cutting, more clever with their snark.

All in good fun.

Uhhhh, WHO is the author? Clearly someone who has an inflated opinion of his football team and his own opinions.

At the end of the day, this piece has little to do with a hatred of the Gophers; it's the realization that author's team had a chance for a number of years to do more than they did and now that time is done and gone. I know, I know, it's a lot more painful to be on the way down than up.

Anyone care to offer up an accurate over/under of how many times a day the author will be checking this site for what Gopher fans are saying?

I would say no less than 5 times a day.

He's a college kid/bartender/blogger, that no one's ever heard of.

per Speth:

How am I supposed to hate a team that hadn’t beaten my team since before Facebook was invented? How am I supposed to hate a team that employed Tim Brewster?

Not anymore.

PJ Fleck ruined that.

He ruined the perfect tragedy that was Minnesota football. I can properly hate Minnesota now, because they are a threat. I don’t have to pretend to hate them just because they’re nearby.

They beat Wisconsin. They just didn’t beat Wisconsin. They destroyed Wisconsin. And I’ve never felt worse. I actually died on the inside watching Minnesota beat Wisconsin and I was bartending, and I literally felt my soul leave my body. It was so unacceptable, so unfathomable. You’re no longer UW-Whitewater to a UW-Oshkosh guy. You are a hatred that can be understood.

Minnesota is pure unmitigated garbage. You have an absolutely horrendous mascot that couldn’t be less intimidating. Your color scheme looks like something that ends up in my toilet after eating Taco Bell [ed. note: See a doctor, dude]. The nation deciding racism wasn’t cool on college campuses rendered you irrelevant in football.

None of those are new insults. Minnesota has just now managed to be mediocre at football. Wisconsin will win the West Division ten times before Minnesota wins it twice. Fleck will be coaching Notre Dame in 2020.

I don’t care though, Minnesota is worthy of hate. Finally. And that hatred burns with a passion that can only exist in the longest continuous rivalry in the FBS.

I never knew what it was like to really hate Minnesota football until now. And it finally hit me.

And it stings. It burns. It might even keep me up at night.

https://www.offtackleempire.com/201...-paul-bunyans-axe-rivalry-game-finally-hating

Go Gophers!!

this is how the fans of MN felt in the late 80's early 90's Wisconsin sucked and barely was relevant. It's funny that in a series that was finally ties after 126 games by Wisconsin that they talk so much trash.

they may never win another game against the gophers. Did King Barry ever tie the overall record? nope
This momentum may see Wisconsin lose the next 14 years and get the "better dead than red" back to their position that they so rightfully deserve mediocre at best

Wisconsin isn't going to fall apart. We will just be better. If Fleck gets paid the money he is worth he may not ever leave. He has been a NIU and WM guy. Minnesota is a good fit as long as he gets the support he deserves. Why leave the U when he can quickly turn it into a helmet school.

Wisconsin isn't going to fall apart. We will just be better. If Fleck gets paid the money he is worth he may not ever leave. He has been a NIU and WM guy. Minnesota is a good fit as long as he gets the support he deserves. Why leave the U when he can quickly turn it into a helmet school.

Just win. This season's results will be crucial to both these items.

I wonder if Wisconsin fans think they're throwing us a bone when they say, "Oh, yeah; it's back to being a rivalry with Minnesota again!"

Uh huh...

Deep in their evil little Badger hearts, I can't help thinking most of them are still snickering at us.

Last edited:

Top Bottom