Nebraska ready to Row the Boat

Seems like a very awkwardly worded motivational speech!

I guess if you speak slowly and repeat yourself, it makes is motivational.

I didn’t realize there was a body of water large enough in Nebraska to row a boat in.

Seems like a very awkwardly worded motivational speech!

You're either a guy who cuts corners or one that allows it..or not, or not. Confusing logic.

Fleck’s locker room speech before the Wisconsin game >>>>>>>>>> that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first instinct on seeing stuff like this is “is this really going to help you win football games??”

Man, I detest gimmicky stuff. Just for the sake of making it look like you’re doing something.

But I will say, it plays great on the video.

Give GBR fans credit. Pretty positive replies to the video. Wonder if Fleck did this what the response would be?

Lou Holtz save Jimmy Johnson’s as for me speech has got to be one of the greatest

Who you are some of the time is who you are all the time...

I get it, but do I?

Give GBR fans credit. Pretty positive replies to the video. Wonder if Fleck did this what the response would be?

Team building activities can be very effective, it is just the corny dialogue that makes it kind of hokey. But then again, it is Nebraska so what do you expect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can either watch this entire video...or not

Team building activities can be very effective, <b>it is just the corny dialogue that makes it kind of hokey. But then again, it is Nebraska so what do you expect. </b>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ummmmmm

Ummmmmm

Or was it a pun.... "Corny" ??? I mean they are the corn huskers.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I didn’t realize there was a body of water large enough in Nebraska to row a boat in.

My thoughts exactly as I watched this. I spent the first 10 years of my life near Lincoln as the son of a crazed fisherman who could not wait to get out of there.

My thoughts exactly as I watched this. I spent the first 10 years of my life near Lincoln as the son of a crazed fisherman who could not wait to get out of there.
Sure the nightlife sucks in Nebraska but with all the bullhead fishing available I am surprised he wanted out?

I dont think he was trying to copy the gophers row, row and I suspect neither do you.

I think he has watched to many Navy Seals and U.S. Special Forces movies.

Still its hard to say he's not a good HC.

I dont think he was trying to copy the gophers row, row and I suspect neither do you.

It would have been way more clever and regionally appropriate if he had yoked the team to a wagon and had them wade across the Platte. You don't have to caulk the wagon and row it until the deeper rivers.

It would have been way more clever and regionally appropriate if he had yoked the team to a wagon and had them wade across the Platte. You don't have to caulk the wagon and row it until the deeper rivers.

Ahhhh the Oregon Trail!

CaliGopher has died of dysentery.....

Or functionally autistic. Fine line.

The schtick did not work out very well for Les Steckel right here in Minnesota...

The schtick did not work out very well for Les Steckel right here in Minnesota...

Honestly, getting the whole team up at the butt crack of dawn in summer and going out to a mud puddle in Nebraska and rowing crappy life rafts out 50 yards from shore and then coming back to do pushups in order to serve the coaches' egos and the marketing department is just as likely to cause a mutiny as it is to build team spirit.

You do realize it’s not Frost’s schtick, right? His only part is requesting/authorizing a check to be written to the same organization that other athletic departments all across the country use for team/leadership building. Run by people with heavy military influences. I guess if you think it’s hokey, you could write to them and see if they’ll change it.

http://www.theprogram.org/athletics/

Nice idea. kind of a Lewis and Clark theme!

Yes I've been to a bar on the Platte River. When its low I dont know if a covered wagon's wheels wouldn't sink in the silt. I think a better idea would to put a shallow barge
and have the offense pull the defense across the Platte and have the offense pull them back. Ether w covered wagon or small barge would be more historic.

Party on fmlizard

TALON

Last edited:

Top Bottom