Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    For a coupe of years and then what? Hopefully he gets a two way contract shot at the NBA, maybe it is taking some time because he has a couple of teams wanting to sign him.
    Finishes his degree and moves on with life. Not really a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ope3 View Post
    Finishes his degree and moves on with life. Not really a tragedy.
    With a little bit of money in his bank account.....maybe not enough to live lavishly, but most likely better than the rest of his college classmates...

He'll be just fine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Most like he will, but he had one more year to be the BMOC and get all the limelight of B1G honors and another run at the tourney. Now if he doesn't land on a NBA team, he will make a little bit of money for a few years most like living alone in a country he may not like. If you think it is tough living the life of a college athlete, then just think about uprooting yourself to a culture that is totally unknown and where you don't even speak the language. It can be very enlightening and enjoyable at times, but it can also be a grind.
    Your true colors (blind maroon & gold homerism) coming to the surface? You're trying to put up a front that you're OK with Coffey leaving and that you're happy for him, but it's clear you're bitter for the simple reason his leaving decreases the chances of your favorite basketball team being good next season.

Amir will be fine, and we'll survive, too!
    Last edited by SelectionSunday; 06-21-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    Your true colors (blind maroon & gold homerism) coming to the surface? You're trying to put up a front that you're OK with Coffey leaving and that you're happy for him, but it's clear you're bitter for the simple reason his leaving decreases the chances of your favorite basketball team being good next season.

We will be better than expected and people who deferred to Coffey and Murphy will step up front. The future is bright.

Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post

Wow, are you off base. I think the Gophers will be fine without Amir and most likely make a run in the tourney. I was just looking at it from Amirís perspective and countering all of the ďglamorĒ that people put on playing basketball overseas for $100 grand. College basketball is just one of many entertainment options for me, I donít really base my life around it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like Jordan Murphy officially on Timberwolves summer league roster, one benefit to playing college basketball in the same city with a pro team!

I am guessing Coffey will make more money overseas than in the US, I know the dream is to play in the NBA but I can't help but think he'd be better off going somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    We will be better than expected and people who deferred to Coffey and Murphy will step up front. The future is bright.
    I am in the camp that thinks there are things this roster can do that last years could not or would not. One, they can move the ball better, they can run more sides to move the defense side to side. They can be more of a team. I look for more internal improvement. They were all given end of season evaluations on what to work on individually from a skills standpoint. Now is when players must work endlessly on this. Once the season starts time is limiting and is spent largely on team. I am confidant that they were given very accurate assessments. If they follow the work ethic of Gabe much can be accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    I am in the camp that thinks there are things this roster can do that last years could not or would not. One, they can move the ball better, they can run more sides to move the defense side to side. They can be more of a team. I look for more internal improvement. They were all given end of season evaluations on what to work on individually from a skills standpoint. Now is when players must work endlessly on this. Once the season starts time is limiting and is spent largely on team. I am confidant that they were given very accurate assessments. If they follow the work ethic of Gabe much can be accomplished.
    I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jovs View Post
    I am guessing Coffey will make more money overseas than in the US, I know the dream is to play in the NBA but I can't help but think he'd be better off going somewhere else.
    I canít imagine many people enjoy being told theyíd be better off going somewhere else.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    I can’t imagine many people enjoy being told they’d be better off going somewhere else.
    He will get his chance and he will have tremendous fall back opportunities for very good paydays in really cool places. What if he gets to experience China ? Perhaps Como Italy . At his age those experiences can lead to some of the best things a person can have.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    He will get his chance and he will have tremendous fall back opportunities for very good paydays in really cool places. What if he gets to experience China ? Perhaps Como Italy . At his age those experiences can lead to some of the best things a person can have.
    Canít dispute your perspective. Personally, Iíd take Como Italy over China any day of the year!
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Agree. That stretch from Cernobbio to Bellagio on Lake Como and beyond is extraordinary. Hundreds of college players have had incredible experiences abroad. The Coffey family knows how to use basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by CurveballJesus View Post
    Murphy is going to play with the T-wolves summer league team

Was glad to see this, hopefully he can impress.

Quote Originally Posted by HOOP DREAMS View Post
    Was glad to see this, hopefully he can impress.
    Hope Murph plays out of his mind and gets a chance for the show- but I honestly think he never sniffs an NBA regular season game. I hope Iím completely wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk