Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Only Cincy has offered Mason and they already have a PG commit. Though not sure about their roster make up. Xavier seems to have a ton of guards and wings in this class. If we get Gabe on campus I think we have a good shot.
    One thing that doesn't seem to come up, is guys like Mason who stay uncommitted and have good senior years, tend to get better spring offers. Do the Madsen's wait it out? Even if they don't play together, a guy like Gabe could get some quality late interest

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    It is all a gamble. Some could open, but if you have a good offer at a place you would like to play, then you need to take it before someone else does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we miss on Walton and Thompson, I bet we throw an offer at Mason.

Still hoping we get Garcia as our number 1 recruit. Suggs is looking like a pipedream.

But a recruiting class of:

Garcia
    Crowl
    The Madsens

Would be very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Bordergopher View Post
    So the big question in my mind is how badly do the brothers want to play together? Those are three very good team options to make it happen for them. Is Mason that good to get those offers? If so, why haven’t we offered? I ask because we have offers our to several other guards. I feel like we need a small forward type who can reall shoot from the outside in this class and Gabe could fill that role nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Serious question, if they were that good and 2 high major D1 players with a bit of height, how is Rochester Mayo not a better basketball team? I do like Gabe potential to be a solid 4 year contributor but not enough to bring his brother in as a package deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post

Still hoping we get Garcia as our number 1 recruit. Suggs is looking like a pipedream.

Garcia
    Crowl
    The Madsens

Would be very nice!
    Who is Thompson? I see we’ve offered Bryce Thompson, a 5 star from Oklahoma, but I’m guessing you’re not referring to him.

Treyton, but I see he's a 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    Only Cincy has offered Mason and they already have a PG commit. Though not sure about their roster make up. Xavier seems to have a ton of guards and wings in this class. If we get Gabe on campus I think we have a good shot.
    One thing that doesn't seem to come up, is guys like Mason who stay uncommitted and have good senior years, tend to get better spring offers. Do the Madsen's wait it out? Even if they don't play together, a guy like Gabe could get some quality late interest

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    What will also be interesting to watch Is if they elect to split, do the offers hold for Mason or are they only contingent on them playing together

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post

Garcia
    Crowl
    The Madsens

Would be very nice!
    Suggs isn't staying here. He's as much of a lock to Gonzaga as one can possibly be without having announced yet. It's all but a done deal. Pitino has a very legit shot at Garcia, Mashburn and/or Walton, Gabe Madsen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NWMetroGopherFan View Post
    Suggs isn't staying here. He's as much of a lock to Gonzaga as one can possibly be without having announced yet. It's all but a done deal. Pitino has a very legit shot at Garcia, Mashburn and/or Walton, Gabe Madsen as well.
    I watched KARE 11 sports and Suggs seems like he may be leaning toward football. If that's the case then Gonzaga is off the table.

Suggs not playing football if anything he may pull a RJ Hampton move but def not playing football after high school

Quote Originally Posted by Bordergopher View Post
    So the big question in my mind is how badly do the brothers want to play together? Those are three very good team options to make it happen for them. Is Mason that good to get those offers? If so, why haven’t we offered? I ask because we have offers our to several other guards. I feel like we need a small forward type who can reall shoot from the outside in this class and Gabe could fill that role nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As nice as it may seem to play with your brother, Gabe has to make the best decision for himself. Each player has a different style and fits into a team’s plans differently. It is in Mason’s best interest to find the best fit for himself and not try to be forced into a package deal. Even if they do go to the same school, how much playing time would Mason get if he was considered a “roster filler”? I am not trying to diminish Mason’s ability, just think it would be best for him to go to a school that is excited to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    As nice as it may seem to play with your brother, Gabe has to make the best decision for himself. Each player has a different style and fits into a team’s plans differently. It is in Mason’s best interest to find the best fit for himself and not try to be forced into a package deal. Even if they do go to the same school, how much playing time would Mason get if he was considered a “roster filler”? I am not trying to diminish Mason’s ability, just think it would be best for him to go to a school that is excited to get him.

This is spot on, and exactly what they have said in interviews. Mason will not go somewhere that he feels he isn’t wanted. He’ll go to Toledo and be wanted before he goes somewhere as an add on offer just to get Gabe.

Quote Originally Posted by RunGopherRun View Post
    This is spot on, and exactly what they have said in interviews. Mason will not go somewhere that he feels he isn’t wanted. He’ll go to Toledo and be wanted before he goes somewhere as an add on offer just to get Gabe.
    I don't watch Rockets hoops, only football as they are my second team, but would actually tune in to a few games if a MN kid was getting playing time there

That may be the case for Mason, but the other question is whether Gabe is willing to play at a mid major.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Söze View Post
    That may be the case for Mason, but the other question is whether Gabe is willing to play at a mid major.
    I was assuming in my previous statement that Gabe would be going high major. From my perspective, I don’t see Gabe going to a mid major. All of his officials are to high major schools. I think they would love to play together, but individually want to be in a place that is best for each of them.

I was assuming in my previous statement that Gabe would be going high major. From my perspective, I don’t see Gabe going to a mid major. All of his officials are to high major schools. I think they would love to play together, but individually want to be in a place that is best for each of them.
    I'm hoping that is the case. If it is, I like our chances.