Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    As nice as it may seem to play with your brother, Gabe has to make the best decision for himself. Each player has a different style and fits into a team’s plans differently. It is in Mason’s best interest to find the best fit for himself and not try to be forced into a package deal. Even if they do go to the same school, how much playing time would Mason get if he was considered a “roster filler”? I am not trying to diminish Mason’s ability, just think it would be best for him to go to a school that is excited to get him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Gabe to U of M and Mason to St. Thomas? There's a lot of MIAC (plus St. Thomas) schools that would certainly be excited to have Mason on the roster. Light it up in Div III and transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Livingat45north View Post
    Gabe to U of M and Mason to St. Thomas? There's a lot of MIAC (plus St. Thomas) schools that would certainly be excited to have Mason on the roster. Light it up in Div III and transfer?
    Ah, the old "he wouldn't be a big time player for the Gophers, therefore he should be playing D3" bit. Classic.

Is St. Thomas considered division III in stature? I think I heard they were being kicked out for being too dominant.

Go Gophers!!

My sources tell me Madsen LOVED his Gopher visit. Really liked Pitino, practice, the facilities, etc. and they are definitely a front runner. His only complaint was summer practice wasn't as intense as he would have liked to see but his dad assured him that regular season practices would be more intense.

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    My sources tell me Madsen LOVED his Gopher visit. Really liked Pitino, practice, the facilities, etc. and they are definitely a front runner. His only complaint was summer practice wasn't as intense as he would have liked to see but his dad assured him that regular season practices would be more intense.
    Sounds like his dad wants him to be a Gopher

Is it selfish that I want Madsen and Walton in the same class? I know we only have 3 and need a big/ball handler but I think they will both be very nice 4 year players, and you could probably have them at the 2 and 3 at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    Is it selfish that I want Madsen and Walton in the same class? I know we only have 3 and need a big/ball handler but I think they will both be very nice 4 year players, and you could probably have them at the 2 and 3 at the same time.
    I'd take them both and a big. But I also like the PG, as much as I like Carr, never let anyone get too comfortable

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    Have to like a guy who wants practices to be more intense. That's a really good sign.

Blog Entries

If he wants to be a Gopher he should pull the trigger now.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    If he wants to be a Gopher he should pull the trigger now.
    Correct, the train is about to leave the station....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He very well may like the Gophers, but he is going to play with his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    I'd take them both and a big. But I also like the PG, as much as I like Carr, never let anyone get too comfortable

If you could get a guy like Suggs then I'd say get a PG, otherwise a combo guard like Mashburn would be perfect, from the preliminary reports it seems like Greenlee is going to be more than serviceable at PG. I just wouldn't make that a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by jovs View Post
    If you could get a guy like Suggs then I'd say get a PG, otherwise a combo guard like Mashburn would be perfect, from the preliminary reports it seems like Greenlee is going to be more than serviceable at PG. I just wouldn't make that a priority.
    You can never have enough IMO, especially if they can shoot. Plus you want make guys compete for minutes, if you dont That's how you end up with a Carlos Morris in 2014-15 where there is no accountability for bad play