Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    He has picked up some meaningful steam on the recruiting front recently but it is a large exaggeration to say one of the hottest in the country. Of course if one is saying one of the 50 hottest picking up steam then that would be accurate. He will pick up more power 6 offers. Has his dream school even offered ?
    So what is his dream school?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Duluth/Seattle
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    So what is his dream school?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wisconsin. They are full however with 3 guards already committed in this class and will likely try to finish the class out with a big.

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    Wisconsin. They are full however with 3 guards already committed in this class and will likely try to finish the class out with a big.
    Well, not all kids want to play for their home state. Many want to go away from home and experience new things...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #19

    Default

    Most pick the best coach and best program that offer. If UW offered he would take it. He will pick up more power 5 schools. Perhaps he will want the Gophers in the end.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Most pick the best coach and best program that offer. If UW offered he would take it. He will pick up more power 5 schools. Perhaps he will want the Gophers in the end.
    Thanks for the input Confucius.

    Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Most pick the best coach and best program that offer. If UW offered he would take it. He will pick up more power 5 schools. Perhaps he will want the Gophers in the end.
    If the Badgers offered, I don’t think he would take it. Doesn’t fit his style of play. The Badgers ignoring him for 2 years doesn’t help either. That bridge appears to be burned. It doesn’t really matter since they won’t offer.

    I think that the first power 6 school that offers both he and his brother will get strong consideration. That aspect is still in play as well. I do know that Mason doesn’t want to feel like a “Wally Ellenson”...as he shouldn’t. He’s plenty good all in his own to find his best fit. Twins are a tricky situation, though.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Duluth/Seattle
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RunGopherRun View Post
    If the Badgers offered, I don’t think he would take it. Doesn’t fit his style of play. The Badgers ignoring him for 2 years doesn’t help either. That bridge appears to be burned. It doesn’t really matter since they won’t offer.

    I think that the first power 6 school that offers both he and his brother will get strong consideration. That aspect is still in play as well. I do know that Mason doesn’t want to feel like a “Wally Ellenson”...as he shouldn’t. He’s plenty good all in his own to find his best fit. Twins are a tricky situation, though.

    I am telling you right now, if the Badgers offered he would commit on the spot and his brother would walk on there, I am not stating my opinion on the situation I'm telling you exactly how things stand with him. The family is still holding out some hope things change and the Badgers offer, but unless they get decommitments, he won't be getting an offer. As for my opinion, I would lean he ends up being a Gopher with how things stand but I wouldn't call it a done deal yet, if that is the case, I don't think his brother follows as a walk-on and he would likely take one of his scholarship offers elsewhere.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    I am telling you right now, if the Badgers offered he would commit on the spot and his brother would walk on there, I am not stating my opinion on the situation I'm telling you exactly how things stand with him. The family is still holding out some hope things change and the Badgers offer, but unless they get decommitments, he won't be getting an offer. As for my opinion, I would lean he ends up being a Gopher with how things stand but I wouldn't call it a done deal yet, if that is the case, I don't think his brother follows as a walk-on and he would likely take one of his scholarship offers elsewhere.
    Sounds good to me. Hope you're right. We need more players like him.

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    I am telling you right now, if the Badgers offered he would commit on the spot and his brother would walk on there, I am not stating my opinion on the situation I'm telling you exactly how things stand with him.
    Not looking for an argument here, just want fellow fans to be well informed. Your take on UW is outdated. Things have changed as far as how the badgers are viewed. Like I said before, it really doesn’t matter since there won’t be an offer.

    I’m still hopeful the Gophers land Gabe if not both Madsens. But unfortunately, I don’t think that’s how things are going to unfold.

  10. #25

    Default

    per Marcus:

    Eight big names

    Ben Carlson 6-9 PF East Ridge: One of the state’s top rebounders, Carlson has most of the Big Ten after him, but Stanford is trying hard to lure him.

    Steven Crowl 6-11 C Eastview: Relatively unknown nationally before a breakout spring as a highly-skilled big man for D1 Minnesota’s AAU program.

    Dain Dainja 6-9 PF Park Center: His father, Dana Jackson, played for the Gophers, but Dainja decided last month to take his powerful post game to Baylor.

    Dawson Garcia 6-11 PF Prior Lake: Garcia’s three-point range and mobility for his height has blue bloods looking at Minnesota again, one class after Duke signed Matthew Hurt.

    Gabe Madsen 6-6 SG Rochester Mayo: Flashy scorer exploded for 53 points and 12 threes in a game last season. He recently picked up a Gopher offer.

    Mason Madsen 6-3 PG Rochester Mayo: His twin brother, Gabe, has bigger offers, but Mason’s steady play might make some high majors offer them both.


    Jalen Suggs 6-4 PG Minnehaha Academy: Two-sport standout and one of the state’s best athletes ever is leaning toward deciding in August to possibly stick with college hoops.

    Kerwin Walton 6-5 SG Hopkins: Three-point shooting and defense are his specialties, which earned him offers from the Big Ten, Big East and Pac-12.

    http://www.startribune.com/get-to-kn...ass/512565352/

    Go Gophers!!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Columbia Heights
    Posts
    64

    Default


  12. #27

    Default

    With only 3 open scholarships next year can they afford to take both Madsen kids? Garcia, Crowl, Carlson Mashburn etc are still out there as well.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrams View Post
    With only 3 open scholarships next year can they afford to take both Madsen kids? Garcia, Crowl, Carlson Mashburn etc are still out there as well.
    No.

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abrams View Post
    With only 3 open scholarships next year can they afford to take both Madsen kids? Garcia, Crowl, Carlson Mashburn etc are still out there as well.

    Unless they think Gabe's brother is a legit player, no, they cannot use 2 scholarships to secure Gabe

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    No.

    While there is other crticisim one can lay on Pitino, my biggest gripe has been roster management and too many wasted scholarships. Every team has a miss or two, but roster depth has been challenge

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •