Almost way too early Big Ten basketball power rankings for 2019-20 (#13. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score

It looks like these writers look at what someone else writes then kind of does a copy and paste with some extra info to make it look original. It's a rebuild year blah blah blah.

Finishing 13th is a lot worse than just "hitting some speed bumps." There is no doubt in my mind we finish well above 13th.

Finishing 13th is a lot worse than just "hitting some speed bumps." There is no doubt in my mind we finish well above 13th.

I have ceiling at 5th, basement at 12th.

Barring major developments (injuries, off the court issues at other programs, etc.), Nebraska and Northwestern are pretty secure as the bottom two. All the rest, I could see a feasible scenario Gophers finish behind.

Conversely, after MSU, Maryland, OSU, and Purdue, if things fall perfectly right I could see Gophers peeking at 5th. (I'm high on Illinois, too, but recent history holding me back a bit)

Three seasons above .500 in conference in the last 20. Yikes.

I think football is four out of the last 20...

Last edited:

Three seasons above .500 in conference in the last 20. Yikes.

I think football is four out of the last 20...

Certainly similarities exist between Pitino and Fleck regimes. Fleck has seen seen success in 1/2 a season out of 2. Pitino 2 seasons out of 6. Pretty similar ratios.
Also, Fleck's recent past with the way the football team ended last season was somewhat historic. Similarly Pitino's recent past with the the gopher's basketball team is also somewhat historic as only once before has our team made the dance 2 out of 3 years.
Upward trajectory hopefully continues for both.

Last edited:

Top Bottom