3 star Gage Keys commits to Minnesota

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I predict this guy blows up this year and we will be crossing our fingers that the big boys stay away!

Keys is a really nice pickup. He only played 2 games last year due to an injury so there isn’t a lot of film on him. Both Ohio St and Penn St indicated they would likely offer him after seeing him play during his senior year.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Very good looking football player. Yes, the big boys will come calling but he'll stay with the Gophers. Book it!!

Keys is a really nice pickup. He only played 2 games last year due to an injury so there isn’t a lot of film on him. Both Ohio St and Penn St indicated they would likely offer him after seeing him play during his senior year.

Really? Where’d you find that info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Where’d you find that info?

Here is a peak: https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...n-positive-ohio-state-visits-over-the-weekend

Gage Keys changing his approach, gaining interest from OSU, Penn State
Hilliard Davidson defensive end Gage Keys has been making a commitment to the weight room in the last year, and it’s paid off. The No. 45 2020 Ohio prospect – an underrated rating – has added 17 pounds just this offseason in an effort to show teams that he is dedicated to getting better, he told Eleven warriors.
That’s earned him more conversations with Ohio State and Penn State, as his offers list threatens to explode from the current top offers from Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers and Cincinnati.

The high school junior was on campus Friday for a visit, and defensive line coach Larry Johnson liked what it saw.
“Coach Johnson and I have been talking a lot recently, and he’s been to the school to visit with me a few times this year,” Johnson said. “H’es proud of the way I committed myself to the weight room and has noticed a huge change in my body since the fall.
“I just want to be the best. The only way to do that was to completely change my approach to this next season. I had to get bigger and faster to change the level of impact I make on the field.”

Keys does not have an offer from the Buckeyes yet, but he has been in contact with them since last year. He visited Ohio State during last year’s game against Minnesota, and on the first day the coaching staff was allowed to contact him electronically, he received a message.
Johnson wants to see him at a summer camp this June, mainly to see the way he moves now after adding so much muscle to his mass, and Keys believes with a good performance, he could earn that offer. The defensive end said what stood out to him from the visit is the potential that Johnson sees in him.
“I think what really stood out to me was Coach Johnson’s presentation and how he believes he can develop me not only into a great college player but someone who can thrive in the NFL,” Keys said. “I think that helped me realize they’re more interested in me than I originally thought.”
Keys made an unofficial visit to Penn State on March 23 and has an official visit scheduled at Indiana on June 14.

^

The article is a month old, and OSU still hasn’t offered. They probably have their sights set on someone else, and are stringing this kid along, in case plan A falls through.

^

The article is a month old, and OSU still hasn’t offered. They probably have their sights set on someone else, and are stringing this kid along, in case plan A falls through.

It’s tough to gage their interest.

Are the Gophers loading up on pass rushers?

Top Bottom