2019 Gold Cup

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Don't get to see the USMNT dominate like that too often. And it was awesome to see a game here in the Twin Cities. I hope they make playing at Allianz Field a regular thing.

Next up is Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday.

6-0 last night vs TandT. I hope they keep this domination going. Seems like they are only starting to find their offensive cohesiveness. They hit a few posts too, could have easily been 8-9 goals.

I know it wasn't a World Cup qualifying game like last time and it's been some time now, but still, had it in my gut watching that game vs T&T the feeling of payback. Glad we won. Missing the World Cup was rough, but it will feel pretty nice if we get back to back Gold Cups. Hoping they can pull it off, another game tomorrow!

Panama should be a decent test for the US so hopeful that the recent run of good play continues against a slightly better opponent. A win or a draw and the USMNT play Curaçao in the knockout rounds. A loss and they'll play Jamaica.

Panama should be a better test. And you can bet Panama would rather play Curacao like us so this could be a tough game.

Tough to judge last nights game as both teams played a lot of guys who hadn't played yet in the gold cup. I liked how all our subs were offensive to win the game, I enjoy that mindset from the coach.

I think it's stupid how they do the brackets, if we win our next game and Panama wins their next game we play again. They should be on the other bracket.

That was a tough game to watch for a win. Really let them hang around and made me nervous with their chances.

Zardes is the slowest sh!tiest forward ever.

That was a tough game to watch for a win. Really let them hang around and made me nervous with their chances.

Zardes is the slowest sh!tiest forward ever.

Guaranteed bad touches from Zardes. Hopeful that Jozy starts against Jamaica - who will be without their best center back due to getting a second yellow for time wasting yesterday.

Last night was definitely tough to watch. Seemed like the guys were just going through the motions with no big effort. Curaçao almost caught an equalizer at the end too.

Wow. That PK Mexico just got was even softer than the one the US women got against Spain. Ref wasn’t even going to call it until the Mexico guy picked up the ball. Hope Haiti comes back and gets one.

Very much looking forward to the final match Sunday against Mexico. Should be a good one! A win would be a good and much-needed step towards the USMNT regaining some steam with the home fans. For whatever reason, I didn't watch much of the women's game against England but last night I couldn't stop watching the men's game against Jamaica, and most of the mens' games so far.

Some really good young talent on the men's team now that give some hope for the future. The core of Pulisic, McKennie, Boyd, Arriola, and Steffen looks promising moving forward. Except Zardes. I expect something bad to happen almost every time he gets near the ball.

Very much looking forward to the final match Sunday against Mexico. Should be a good one! A win would be a good and much-needed step towards the USMNT regaining some steam with the home fans. For whatever reason, I didn't watch much of the women's game against England but last night I couldn't stop watching the men's game against Jamaica, and most of the mens' games so far.

Some really good young talent on the men's team now that give some hope for the future. The core of Pulisic, McKennie, Boyd, Arriola, and Steffen looks promising moving forward. Except Zardes. I expect something bad to happen almost every time he gets near the ball.

The worst part about Zardes is he took the spot of Josh Sargent. If Zardes was going to play so unbelievably sh!tty they might as well of gotten Sargent the experience up front with Pulisic and Mckennie. You nailed it and I hope the Zardes national team experiment is over and the rest Altidore has gotten means he can go 90 against Mexico. Pulisic and Arriola have jived really well in a short time and have been insanely fun to watch. I know mexico hasn't looked dominant but watching the Mexico vs Costa rica team it does still seem like they are on a different level than us. Hope it's a good game. Would be awesome if both the women and men won Sunday!

Sunday will be interesting. Both teams have struggled this tournament, not sure if Mexico sent there A squad. It's essentially a double elimination for us to get into the Confederations Cup, Mexico needs this one more in that regard. Still, rather not take my chances in Pasadena, it's at best a neutral site and at worst an away game in our own country. Soldier Field isn't much better.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sunday will be interesting. Both teams have struggled this tournament, not sure if Mexico sent there A squad. It's essentially a double elimination for us to get into the Confederations Cup, Mexico needs this one more in that regard. Still, rather not take my chances in Pasadena, it's at best a neutral site and at worst an away game in our own country. Soldier Field isn't much better.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mexico is missing some key players. I’m not expecting us to win, but I think it’ll be closer than some think. I think Sunday will be 75% Mexico fans in Soldier Field.

The confederations cup is not happening anymore. It is being replaced by a 24 team club World Cup in 2021.

That was a real bummer. Should have had 2 goals early in the game but couldn't finish our chances. Mexico's goal was nice but I feel like we had higher quality chances.... Tough loss but good experience for our young guys.

That was a real bummer. Should have had 2 goals early in the game but couldn't finish our chances. Mexico's goal was nice but I feel like we had higher quality chances.... Tough loss but good experience for our young guys.

Very much agree. Need a guy like Altidore to finish that one early and the whole game would've changed. Let Mexico build into the game and it cost them in the 2nd half.

Top Bottom