Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Zach Smith believes Urban Meyer will be next head coach at USC

per Smyth:

Urban Meyer is no longer coaching at Ohio State, but is he done?

Former Ohio State wide receivers coach Zach Smith does not believe Urban Meyer has coached his last game. On his new podcast, Menace 2 Society, Smith explained why he believes Meyer will end up at USC.

“Someone that I know. That works in the United States Postal Service dropped a bomb on me last week. He tells me that Urban Meyer, his address, his house, has had certified mail delivered to and sent from to the University of Southern California. I’m talking several letters,” said Smith.

Smith could not confirm if this was true, but he believed it to be a decent source as Smith and Meyer both live in Dublin, Ohio.

“I will go on the record. Again I don’t know that he has communicated with them. It’s a decent source” said Smith.

However, at the end of the day Smith sounded confident that Meyer would end up at USC.

“I would put 1,000 dollars that he will be the head coach of USC in the near future” continued Smith.

https://saturdayblitz.com/2019/06/18...er-next-coach/

Go Gophers!!

Someone that I know. That works in the United States Postal Service
    Like a mailman?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Like a mailman?
    I'm not sure I'd want to be that person. As much as we like to let people know that we have special insight into something, it's better keeping it to yourself, especially when the involved parties want to keep it confidential and your occupation gives you access to that information.

Commenting on mail to someone is probably a fireable offense. Wouldn't surprise me to see Urban end up there, if he wants the job.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Like a mailman?
    Mail-Carrier Slab. Come On.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    Mail-Carrier Slab. Come On.

Letter carrier?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Letter carrier?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Correspondence Delivery Professional?

The correspondence probably has more to do with Urban Meyer trying to get one of his kids a rowing scholarship than him a coaching job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparlimb View Post
    Commenting on mail to someone is probably a fireable offense. Wouldn't surprise me to see Urban end up there, if he wants the job.
    It would be difficult to make a case a number of people would have had access to the information. All certified mail is logged the carrier isn't the only person to see the information.

Seems like most contract documents might go through the agents and lawyers rather than directly from SC to Meyer but ?. Otherwise email for more casual communications. Doesn’t make sense to me but I could be way off.

That said, Meyer has a history of moving on to the next challenge once he gets bored. Reviving USC would qualify and he’d be in the center of fertile recruiting grounds. Chances of success very high. Seems like a no brainer if he wants to keep coaching.

Nice podcast title, Smith.

Zach Smith, accused by his ex-wife of multiple acts of domestic abuse, has a podcast named Menace 2 Society. You're a real badass, you dirtbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post

That said, Meyer has a history of moving on to the next challenge once he gets bored. Reviving USC would qualify and he’d be in the center of fertile recruiting grounds. Chances of success very high. Seems like a no brainer if he wants to keep coaching.
    I believe he will end up at USC as well. He can’t beat Saban with Total National Titles as HC but he can make history being a National Championship Coach At 3 Separate Schools in 3 Geographical Areas. Definitely see him wanting to feed his ego further.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGopher View Post
    Zach Smith, accused by his ex-wife of multiple acts of domestic abuse, has a podcast named Menace 2 Society. You're a real badass, you dirtbag.
    Operative word in your post bolded.

Default Zach Smith believes Urban Meyer will be next head coach at USC

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Well, he did plead guilty to a lesser charge and accept having a 3-year domestic violence protection order issued against him in exchange - so I think dirtbag is likely the operative word you meant to bold.

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Are you still only accused if you plead guilty?

Edit: spoof beat me to it..
    Who hates iowa?