Zach Smith believes Urban Meyer will be next head coach at USC

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Smyth:

Urban Meyer is no longer coaching at Ohio State, but is he done?

Former Ohio State wide receivers coach Zach Smith does not believe Urban Meyer has coached his last game. On his new podcast, Menace 2 Society, Smith explained why he believes Meyer will end up at USC.

“Someone that I know. That works in the United States Postal Service dropped a bomb on me last week. He tells me that Urban Meyer, his address, his house, has had certified mail delivered to and sent from to the University of Southern California. I’m talking several letters,” said Smith.

Smith could not confirm if this was true, but he believed it to be a decent source as Smith and Meyer both live in Dublin, Ohio.

“I will go on the record. Again I don’t know that he has communicated with them. It’s a decent source” said Smith.

However, at the end of the day Smith sounded confident that Meyer would end up at USC.

“I would put 1,000 dollars that he will be the head coach of USC in the near future” continued Smith.

https://saturdayblitz.com/2019/06/18/usc-football-zach-smith-urban-meyer-next-coach/

Go Gophers!!

Like a mailman?

I'm not sure I'd want to be that person. As much as we like to let people know that we have special insight into something, it's better keeping it to yourself, especially when the involved parties want to keep it confidential and your occupation gives you access to that information.

Commenting on mail to someone is probably a fireable offense. Wouldn't surprise me to see Urban end up there, if he wants the job.

The correspondence probably has more to do with Urban Meyer trying to get one of his kids a rowing scholarship than him a coaching job.

Commenting on mail to someone is probably a fireable offense. Wouldn't surprise me to see Urban end up there, if he wants the job.
It would be difficult to make a case a number of people would have had access to the information. All certified mail is logged the carrier isn't the only person to see the information.

Seems like most contract documents might go through the agents and lawyers rather than directly from SC to Meyer but ?. Otherwise email for more casual communications. Doesn’t make sense to me but I could be way off.

That said, Meyer has a history of moving on to the next challenge once he gets bored. Reviving USC would qualify and he’d be in the center of fertile recruiting grounds. Chances of success very high. Seems like a no brainer if he wants to keep coaching.

Nice podcast title, Smith.

Zach Smith, accused by his ex-wife of multiple acts of domestic abuse, has a podcast named Menace 2 Society. You're a real badass, you dirtbag.

That said, Meyer has a history of moving on to the next challenge once he gets bored. Reviving USC would qualify and he’d be in the center of fertile recruiting grounds. Chances of success very high. Seems like a no brainer if he wants to keep coaching.

I believe he will end up at USC as well. He can’t beat Saban with Total National Titles as HC but he can make history being a National Championship Coach At 3 Separate Schools in 3 Geographical Areas. Definitely see him wanting to feed his ego further.

Operative word in your post bolded.

Well, he did plead guilty to a lesser charge and accept having a 3-year domestic violence protection order issued against him in exchange - so I think dirtbag is likely the operative word you meant to bold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess this move wouldn't surprise me but man would it be stupid.

I listened to a bit of his podcast today. I don't know if he and Ed Warriner have some kind of beef, but Zach seemingly went out of his way to take some shots at Ed. He brought up how Ed would pretend to call plays after Urban stripped him of those duties so he could still have the image of being the play caller.

For two weeks, every USC booster at Bel-Air CC has been talking about it as though it is a sure thing.

I guess this move wouldn't surprise me but man would it be stupid.

Agree. I would think this move would be hard on his health more than what has already taken place. He'll probably croak on the field during a tight game.

Firsts Kill, now Meyer is going to drop dead. Bill Snyder somehow successfully warded off the Grim Reaper for decades. Bobby Stoops retired for “heath and family” reasons and then un-retired a few years later to coach and GM an XFL team. It’s who they are, it’s in their blood. If they can find a way to transform young boys into men and young men into...young men by God they’re going to do it.

Agree. I would think this move would be hard on his health more than what has already taken place. He'll probably croak on the field during a tight game.

Yeah, but ol' Urban is a ball coach, blah, blah, blah...

Word has it the thing in his brain isn't something that gets worse with stress, at least as far as long term health consequences.

But then again Jerry said the same thing and later indicated that wasn't true either...

Word has it the thing in his brain isn't something that gets worse with stress, at least as far as long term health consequences.

But then again Jerry said the same thing and later indicated that wasn't true either...

His ginormous ego...?

Is there anything more enjoyable on this board than DPO getting out over his skis while trying to one up someone else?

Is there anything more enjoyable on this board than DPO getting out over his skis while trying to one up someone else?

Opposed to those posters who have perfected continually getting over their skis?

Firsts Kill, now Meyer is going to drop dead. Bill Snyder somehow successfully warded off the Grim Reaper for decades. Bobby Stoops retired for “heath and family” reasons and then un-retired a few years later to coach and GM an XFL team. It’s who they are, it’s in their blood. If they can find a way to transform young boys into men and young men into...young men by God they’re going to do it.

Again, and IMO only, if Meyer can go to USC and win a National Title, he will have done something Nick Saban will never do - nor care to do. 3 Schools / 3 Separate Conferences. His ego will be fuller. Saban has 2 Separate Schools / 1 Conference (SEC). At least, that’s my theory. It’s not about $$ as much as the challenge of getting his already massive ego fed. I don’t think any coach has 3 different schools as National Champions and he’s going to strategically pick where that route is more realistic than not. He would have comparable resources/support as what he had at UF and tOSU.

Again, and IMO only, if Meyer can go to USC and win a National Title, he will have done something Nick Saban will never do - nor care to do. 3 Schools / 3 Separate Conferences. His ego will be fuller. Saban has 2 Separate Schools / 1 Conference (SEC). At least, that’s my theory. It’s not about $$ as much as the challenge of getting his already massive ego fed. I don’t think any coach has 3 different schools as National Champions and he’s going to strategically pick where that route is more realistic than not. He would have comparable resources/support as what he had at UF and tOSU.

nick-saban-coke-bottle.png

Talk to the coke bottle man!

I'm not wrong. He pled guilty to disorderly conduct as part of a plea deal, a far cry from domestic abuse as was alleged in the post I was responding to. Correcting disinformation isn't trying to "one up" someone else.

Is there anything more enjoyable on this board than you following me around sniffing my taint?

I'm not wrong. He pled guilty to disorderly conduct as part of a plea deal, a far cry from domestic abuse as was alleged in the post I was responding to. Correcting disinformation isn't trying to "one up" someone else.

Is there anything more enjoyable on this board than you following me around sniffing my taint?

People who are guilty plead to lower crimes all the time. Sorry but you are totally wrong.

And you enjoy dudes sniffing your taint?

People who are guilty plead to lower crimes all the time. Sorry but you are totally wrong.

And you enjoy dudes sniffing your taint?

He may or may not have done something wrong, but by the law he wasn't found guilty of domestic abuse. I'm totally right.

Last edited:

Top Bottom