Zach Smith believes Urban Meyer will be next head coach at USC

Well you are right about one thing, he wasn't found guilty he just plead guilty. Which makes him guilty and no longer "accused". You don't plead guilty if you did nothing wrong.

Well you are right about one thing, he wasn't found guilty he just plead guilty. Which makes him guilty and no longer "accused". You don't plead guilty if you did nothing wrong.

He wasn't found guilty of domestic abuse, as I've accurately stated several times now. Just stop.

He wasn't found guilty of domestic abuse, as I've accurately stated several times now. Just stop.

He plead guilty to a lesser charge. Must have had some pretty overwhelming evidence for him to just plead guilty. Not sure why you are defending this woman beater.

He plead guilty to a lesser charge. Must have had some pretty overwhelming evidence for him to just plead guilty. Not sure why you are defending this woman beater.

I'm not defending him, I'm defending accuracy. He plead guilty to a misdemeanor - essentially the equivalent of running a stoplight or drinking in public.

Urban needs a change of scenery about every 6-7 years for his mental health, that is his real health problem. I have worked with people with exactly the same problem, they need to reset and have a complete change of responsibility or they go nuts. It is literally a perspective problem. After they have been in a job for a while, they only see the bad stuff they have not been able to fix and it drives them into the ground. They need a change of responsibility or it crushes them. Deep down inside they believe if they were as good as they think they are there would be no problems, you can tell them that people understand they can't be perfect, but it doesn't help..
They need a clean slate where the problems are not things they feel like they should have done already.

I'm not defending him, I'm defending accuracy. He plead guilty to a misdemeanor - essentially the equivalent of running a stoplight or drinking in public.

I don't think you understand how pleading to a lesser charge works...

I'm not wrong. He pled guilty to disorderly conduct as part of a plea deal, a far cry from domestic abuse as was alleged in the post I was responding to.

Actually, the post you responded to didn’t suggest he plead guilty to domestic abuse, in fact it only said he was accused of it, in fact you bolded the word “accused” in that post so I think you know that.

The truth is he was accused of domestic abuse (as the post you responded to claimed), and the fact is for someone accused of such a crime (that pleads out and is slapped with a restraining order as part of it) to name his podcast “Menace 2 Society” is a dirtbag move (as the post you responded to claimed).

So what part did you object to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually you’re all wrong. He was accused of criminal trespass. The details on that are open to interpretation. I suggest you look into it.

The extended family is full of drama and dirtbags. Birds of a feather... sleep with dogs...drinking, cheating, divorcing. The most interesting part of the fiasco is the revelations/accusations about the TX head coach and his wife...speaking of dirtbags.

Again, and IMO only, if Meyer can go to USC and win a National Title, he will have done something Nick Saban will never do - nor care to do. 3 Schools / 3 Separate Conferences. His ego will be fuller. Saban has 2 Separate Schools / 1 Conference (SEC). At least, that’s my theory. It’s not about $$ as much as the challenge of getting his already massive ego fed. I don’t think any coach has 3 different schools as National Champions and he’s going to strategically pick where that route is more realistic than not. He would have comparable resources/support as what he had at UF and tOSU.

He’d have a great chance at it. One has to wonder how long Saban will stay at it, and whether Dabo has the staying power at Clemson (seems likely near-term). Oklahoma is still good but not dominant and the new coach will be increasingly on his own outside of Stoop’s residuals. Other helmet schools are treading water or faltering - FSU, Michigan, TX, etc.

If this happens the PAC -12 gets real interesting again with UCLA, USC, Washington, Stanford, Utah, WA State having good to great coaches. National relevance and power shifts seem to be cyclical. Obviously media likes to focus more on east coast schools with their tie-ins, favorable game times, etc but not an insurmountable obstacle.

He’d have a great chance at it. One has to wonder how long Saban will stay at it, and whether Dabo has the staying power at Clemson (seems likely near-term). Oklahoma is still good but not dominant and the new coach will be increasingly on his own outside of Stoop’s residuals. Other helmet schools are treading water or faltering - FSU, Michigan, TX, etc.

If this happens the PAC -12 gets real interesting again with UCLA, USC, Washington, Stanford, Utah, WA State having good to great coaches. National relevance and power shifts seem to be cyclical. Obviously media likes to focus more on east coast schools with their tie-ins, favorable game times, etc but not an insurmountable obstacle.

Huskies seem to be on verge of something big.

Actually you’re all wrong. He was accused of criminal trespass. The details on that are open to interpretation. I suggest you look into it.

According to USA Today and a bunch of others I found in a Google search, I will have to disagree with you on this.

I think we all can agree he is a dirtbag.

According to USA Today and a bunch of others I found in a Google search, I will have to disagree with you on this.

I think we all can agree he is a dirtbag.

Maybe this is wrong? I don’t recall he was ever charged on assault, domestic or otherwise. There were long threads hashing out the ugly relationship.

https://www.10tv.com/article/zach-smith-pleads-guilty-reduced-charge-disorderly-conduct

According to court records, Zach Smith was charged with criminal trespassing in May following an incident with his ex-wife Courtney Smith. On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of disorderly conduct.

Maybe this is wrong? I don’t recall he was ever charged on assault, domestic or otherwise. There were long threads hashing out the ugly relationship.

No, you are right. Accused, but never charged with domestic abuse.

My point wasn’t on his guilt anyway - agreed with poster that someone accused of that, who has a protection order against him, has been arrested for violating that order, who has been arrested for a scene at an elementary school, etc., etc. is a dirtbag for naming his podcast “Menace 2 Society”. Oh, and I enjoyed DPO’ing DPO on semantics.

Not defending Smith. He’s obviously a Richard Johnson. But, I have no idea of the whole truth in that family. It does cement the fact there are messed up people everywhere in all walks of life.

I believe he will end up at USC as well. He can’t beat Saban with Total National Titles as HC but he can make history being a National Championship Coach At 3 Separate Schools in 3 Geographical Areas. Definitely see him wanting to feed his ego further.

He could beat Saban, he's only 2 behind.

Top Bottom