Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I guess this move wouldn't surprise me but man would it be stupid.
    Who hates iowa?

I listened to a bit of his podcast today. I don't know if he and Ed Warriner have some kind of beef, but Zach seemingly went out of his way to take some shots at Ed. He brought up how Ed would pretend to call plays after Urban stripped him of those duties so he could still have the image of being the play caller.

For two weeks, every USC booster at Bel-Air CC has been talking about it as though it is a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    I guess this move wouldn't surprise me but man would it be stupid.
    Agree. I would think this move would be hard on his health more than what has already taken place. He'll probably croak on the field during a tight game.

Firsts Kill, now Meyer is going to drop dead. Bill Snyder somehow successfully warded off the Grim Reaper for decades. Bobby Stoops retired for “heath and family” reasons and then un-retired a few years later to coach and GM an XFL team. It’s who they are, it’s in their blood. If they can find a way to transform young boys into men and young men into...young men by God they’re going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    Agree. I would think this move would be hard on his health more than what has already taken place. He'll probably croak on the field during a tight game.
    Yeah, but ol' Urban is a ball coach, blah, blah, blah...
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    Word has it the thing in his brain isn't something that gets worse with stress, at least as far as long term health consequences.

But then again Jerry said the same thing and later indicated that wasn't true either...

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Word has it the thing in his brain isn't something that gets worse with stress, at least as far as long term health consequences.

But then again Jerry said the same thing and later indicated that wasn't true either...
    His ginormous ego...?

Is there anything more enjoyable on this board than DPO getting out over his skis while trying to one up someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Is there anything more enjoyable on this board than DPO getting out over his skis while trying to one up someone else?
    Opposed to those posters who have perfected continually getting over their skis?

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    Firsts Kill, now Meyer is going to drop dead. Bill Snyder somehow successfully warded off the Grim Reaper for decades. Bobby Stoops retired for “heath and family” reasons and then un-retired a few years later to coach and GM an XFL team. It’s who they are, it’s in their blood. If they can find a way to transform young boys into men and young men into...young men by God they’re going to do it.
    Again, and IMO only, if Meyer can go to USC and win a National Title, he will have done something Nick Saban will never do - nor care to do. 3 Schools / 3 Separate Conferences. His ego will be fuller. Saban has 2 Separate Schools / 1 Conference (SEC). At least, that’s my theory. It’s not about $$ as much as the challenge of getting his already massive ego fed. I don’t think any coach has 3 different schools as National Champions and he’s going to strategically pick where that route is more realistic than not. He would have comparable resources/support as what he had at UF and tOSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Buchanan View Post
    Again, and IMO only, if Meyer can go to USC and win a National Title, he will have done something Nick Saban will never do - nor care to do. 3 Schools / 3 Separate Conferences. His ego will be fuller. Saban has 2 Separate Schools / 1 Conference (SEC). At least, that’s my theory. It’s not about $$ as much as the challenge of getting his already massive ego fed. I don’t think any coach has 3 different schools as National Champions and he’s going to strategically pick where that route is more realistic than not. He would have comparable resources/support as what he had at UF and tOSU.

Talk to the coke bottle man!

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I'm not wrong. He pled guilty to disorderly conduct as part of a plea deal, a far cry from domestic abuse as was alleged in the post I was responding to. Correcting disinformation isn't trying to "one up" someone else.

Is there anything more enjoyable on this board than you following me around sniffing my taint?

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    I'm not wrong. He pled guilty to disorderly conduct as part of a plea deal, a far cry from domestic abuse as was alleged in the post I was responding to. Correcting disinformation isn't trying to "one up" someone else.

Is there anything more enjoyable on this board than you following me around sniffing my taint?
    People who are guilty plead to lower crimes all the time. Sorry but you are totally wrong.

And you enjoy dudes sniffing your taint?
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    People who are guilty plead to lower crimes all the time. Sorry but you are totally wrong.

And you enjoy dudes sniffing your taint?
    He may or may not have done something wrong, but by the law he wasn't found guilty of domestic abuse. I'm totally right.
    Last edited by dpodoll68; 06-20-2019 at 04:06 PM.