Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BREAKING: GOPHERS LAND 3-STAR DYLAN MCGILL

Now sure where he will play. 6'1" 195 pounds

Dylan is currently rated the No. 85 ATH nationally according to 247Sports, with a 3-star grading of 85. This rating is right in the middle of all of our recruits.

Fleck watched him at camp a week ago. Apparently watched him as a wide receiver.
    Last edited by Goldteam; 06-17-2019 at 04:20 PM.

He’s going to be a WR. Fleck watched him live and offered immediately.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Dy...ruitInterests/

Seems he's flown under the radar to this point...only low level offers.

Blog Entries

The down side to early commitments is that we have to worry about poaching before early NSD. We got lucky with Rashod Bateman because he already had Gopher tattoos in his arms when the big boys came calling which pretty much sealed his fate.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Must be a pretty good student if he has interest from Harvard and Yale.
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

Quote Originally Posted by Jeshurun View Post
    Must be a pretty good student if he has interest from Harvard and Yale.
    I'm old so different perspective but offer from Harvard and Yale.... would be hard to turn down.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    The down side to early commitments is that we have to worry about poaching before early NSD. We got lucky with Rashod Bateman because he already had Gopher tattoos in his arms when the big boys came calling which pretty much sealed his fate.
    Heavy sigh.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    I'm old so different perspective but offer from Harvard and Yale.... would be hard to turn down.
    Except no athletic scholarship in the Ivy League. Even if he'd get a "leadership" scholarship or something, it'd probably be a partial and I'd expect him to come out with a mound of debt. Often Ivy League grads don't make enough more in salary to offset the cost, though it definitely opens doors.

Besides, there are programs at the U that are more highly rated than Harvard or Yale. Depends where his academic interests are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeville Goldy View Post
    Except no athletic scholarship in the Ivy League. Even if he'd get a "leadership" scholarship or something, it'd probably be a partial and I'd expect him to come out with a mound of debt. Often Ivy League grads don't make enough more in salary to offset the cost, though it definitely opens doors.

Besides, there are programs at the U that are more highly rated than Harvard or Yale. Depends where his academic interests are.
    They also offer excellent scholarships to low and middle income families. Under $65K and Harvard is free. Between $65K-$150K you pay a sliding scale up to 10% of your family's income. I have no idea what financial situation Dylan's family is in but there's a decent chance he could go there for cheap or free.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeville Goldy View Post

Harvard and Yale tuition is based on a sliding income scale.

If you qualify (and it doesn't take much) just getting acceptance can mean what is effectively a full scholarship anywhere else.

True. But if his interests are football....then it's hard to turn down playing in the Big Ten. And if Fleck offered him on the spot....then clearly he thinks there's something there. I trust his judgement in receivers....and there's a good chance that we'll be seeing two or more Gophers WRs playing on sunday in a few years.

But.....on the other hand.....Matt Birk has done real well for himself. But honestly....it's not as though Minnesota is some dumpy academic institution.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty excited about this kid. When Fleck offers on the spot after personally seeing what the kid has got, we have immediate impact on the way. I would suggest he get Gopher tattoos ASAP!
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    Can we get a tattoo parlor added to the locker room that 'cruits can use on visits?

Blog Entries

Harvard and Yale tuition is based on a sliding income scale.

If you qualify (and it doesn't take much) just getting acceptance can mean what is effectively a full scholarship anywhere else.
    Not to mention that the expectation is that Alumni that do well give back. Ivy schools and other privates schools have donors that anonymously pay for students tuition. Athletes or not. IIRC Ivy league students from all income levels on average graduate with the lowest amount of debt.