Athlon: Ranking the Big Ten's College Football Coaches for 2019 (#9. PJ Fleck)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

9. P.J. Fleck, Minnesota

After a 5-7 record in his first year at Minnesota, Fleck guided the Golden Gophers to a 7-6 finish and a bowl victory last fall. And with 16 starters back for 2019, another step forward is within reach for Fleck and this Minnesota program. Prior to taking over in Minneapolis, Fleck guided Western Michigan to a 30-22 record over four years. The Broncos went 1-11 in 2013 but improved to 13-1 and earned a Cotton Bowl trip in ’16. Fleck is regarded as an excellent recruiter and is 42-35 overall in six years as a head coach.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-big-tens-college-football-coaches-2019

Go Gophers!!

Seems alright.

Not sure how Frost gets a 4 spot...

My initial thought as well. I guess his quick turnaround at UCF garnered a lot of believers at Athlon. Having listened to their podcast off and on and convinced they're a reasonably thoughtful group, but we'll see. It wouldn't be the first time a coach was anointed the next big thing and then failed to live up to expectations.

My initial thought as well. I guess his quick turnaround at UCF garnered a lot of believers at Athlon. Having listened to their podcast off and on and convinced they're a reasonably thoughtful group, but we'll see. It wouldn't be the first time a coach was anointed the next big thing and then failed to live up to expectations.

Your right. We have had that in basketball as so many of our fans thought Pitino was the next big thing. Same in football but Fleck will have reached it or failed by year 6.

Top Bottom