Star University of Minnesota Gophers wrestler arrested on criminal sex charges

Federally mandated or not, it is still administered by the university, so they can skew it with their bias.

If the stakes are only losing student status at the U of Minn, that’s relatively nothing. Not losing freedom or having to pay a fine. So the bar for evidence is rightly much lower.

The university needs to have the ability to expel students when they violate the student code of conduct, as they see fit.

If the stakes are only losing student status at the U of Minn, that’s relatively nothing. Not losing freedom or having to pay a fine. So the bar for evidence is rightly much lower.

The university needs to have the ability to expel students when they violate the student code of conduct, as they see fit.

So you are saying it is acceptable for the university to falsify evidence to expel an "unacceptable" student? To make up patently false statements about a student's involvement in an event, even if they can prove they were not there?

I always thought lying was one of those things that automatically went against any code of conduct: student, administrative, academic, but I guess if you have a bias against a group, then the ends justify the means. Right, Herr Goebbels?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I made it up out of thin air, as a wild guess. No reports citing hazing that I’ve seen.

Why would two male male wrestlers sexually assault another male using an object? Seems about as bizarre as anything. So I guessed it had something to do with hazing or some tradition like that, gone overboard or awry.

The alleged victim is female.

I made it up out of thin air, as a wild guess. No reports citing hazing that I’ve seen.

Why would two male male wrestlers sexually assault another male using an object? Seems about as bizarre as anything. So I guessed it had something to do with hazing or some tradition like that, gone overboard or awry.

Have you ever seen the movie Delieverance? Do you even understand that sexual assault is not about gender, but abuse of power? You seem to only see hazing as some make only thing. Maybe you should ask the Marching band what they do to freshmen... of both genders during summer rehearsals.

If by “Clown show” you mean investigation process that the school is forced to conduct according to federal law, then yes.

If this is a hazing act gone wrong, it would have to be pretty serious I would think for his roommate to call the police and report it as sexual assault.

If this was a hazing gone wrong there would have been charges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So far I think the clown show is some of the poster's on this thread. Stick to the facts.

The alleged victim is female.

Link? I thought I saw an report that it was a male. Maybe it was an early report and had a mistake.

Doesn’t matter, like I said it was just a wild guess. No skin off my teeth if they got the report wrong.

Just like in so many cases before this: there is absolutely nothing to gain here for the woman, if she agrees to come forward and testify, and everything to lose.

Stevenson is one of the greatest wrestling talents to come through the program in some time. The only way he won’t get expelled is if the women refuses to cooperate with the U investigation. I’ll leave it to your imagination on why she might come to that decision ...

Seth Green would disagree.

With what? Care to elaborate, with sources?

So you admit to pulling an assertion of a hazing incident out of thin air, then claim the offense was against a male victim, blame the inaccuracy on a prior report that you can’t quote, say the the whole thing is no skin off your teeth and end it all having the gall to ask someone else for their link. You’re a real piece of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An unreliable source on another board brought up possible hazing before it was mentioned here. That is the only place I saw it.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oooo, the gall! I guess that will cost me some GopherHole points!

Love it when people try to pretend that posting on here is something that matters.
Oh it does matter to the Gopherhole police!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

So you admit to pulling an assertion of a hazing incident out of thin air, then claim the offense was against a male victim, blame the inaccuracy on a prior report that you can’t quote, say the the whole thing is no skin off your teeth and end it all having the gall to ask someone else for their link. You’re a real piece of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, when you put it that way... :)

Have you ever seen the movie Delieverance? Do you even understand that sexual assault is not about gender, but abuse of power? You seem to only see hazing as some make only thing. Maybe you should ask the Marching band what they do to freshmen... of both genders during summer rehearsals.

Summer rehearsals for the U of M marching band are rigorous and demanding. Freshmen of both genders are subject to penetration by Woodwind and Brasswind instruments - and less frequently (but certainly of some consequence) something from the percussion or string sections.
Not for the faint of heart! Ski-U-Mah

Summer rehearsals for the U of M marching band are rigorous and demanding. Freshmen of both genders are subject to penetration by Woodwind and Brasswind instruments - and less frequently (but certainly of some consequence) something from the percussion or string sections.

This is a very strange post, but easily the most well written and musically informative sexual hazing post I have ever read.

"this one time, at band camp"...

So I guess the next steps will to find out if the EOAA will perform an investigation or not. If they do, and the female cooperates with it, I could easily see both being suspended or expelled.

But the link I posted before seemed to mention that it would not be automatically triggered. Depends if she is a student and/or if a complaint was filed with the office.

Violations of Student Code of Conduct does not necessarily need to have criminal charges filed.

Violations of Student Code of Conduct does not necessarily need to have criminal charges filed.

True, but without a claimant giving testimony, they are down to 50/50 with kicking the athletes out of school.

True, but without a claimant giving testimony, they are down to 50/50 with kicking the athletes out of school.

So true. They would certainly need to wrestle with that decision.

Top Bottom