Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1

    Default Star University of Minnesota Gophers wrestler arrested on criminal sex charges

    http://www.startribune.com/two-u-of-...ges/511380891/



    go Twins & Gophers go.


  2. #2

    Default

    How can someone be arrested but not charge with anything?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenGophers7 View Post
    How can someone be arrested but not charge with anything?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They can hold you for 24 hours

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Duluth/Seattle
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    When you have such a promising career ahead of you why in the world would you do anything to jeaporidise it, it's mind boggling how it happens again and again all over the sports world, you'd think they'd learn from the mistakes of others.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    When you have such a promising career ahead of you why in the world would you do anything to jeaporidise it, it's mind boggling how it happens again and again all over the sports world, you'd think they'd learn from the mistakes of others.
    Itís way too early to say anything like this. For all we know the accusations could be lies.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
    When you have such a promising career ahead of you why in the world would you do anything to jeaporidise it, it's mind boggling how it happens again and again all over the sports world, you'd think they'd learn from the mistakes of others.
    Guilty until proven innocent

  7. #7

    Default

    They need to have PC to hold them.

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Beaver Lodge in Lake Gopher
    Posts
    4,998

    Default

    Always something at the U.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NW Florida
    Posts
    4,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theczar View Post
    Guilty until proven innocent
    Unfortunately that is how the U views it too.
    Yes, I did win the Gopherhole 2016 Bracket Challenge - Yes, it was a total fluke.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beavergopher View Post
    Always something at the U.
    The athlete entitlement is pretty ridiculous especially when the teams are not that good. In this case, a superstar. Brutal.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Blaine, MN
    Posts
    4,386

    Default

    I want to hear the "facts" in this case and I think probably will at some point. However, my emotions have ranged from entrapment to "you damned big dummies!".

    Its difficult to hear a story like this especially coming on the heels of similar problems with football and men's basketball teams.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Eagan, MN
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    The original AP story didn't mention names, but did say a nationally-ranked heavyweight wrestler.
    Follow me on twitter: @skiumahgopher

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ewert86PC View Post
    I want to hear the "facts" in this case and I think probably will at some point. However, my emotions have ranged from entrapment to "you damned big dummies!".

    Its difficult to hear a story like this especially coming on the heels of similar problems with football and men's basketball teams.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Well if one or both are charged the criminal complaint is public information so we could have that fairly soon if there are charges.

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Blaine, MN
    Posts
    4,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger14 View Post
    Well if one or both are charged the criminal complaint is public information so we could have that fairly soon if there are charges.

    Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    And in the meanwhile, the narrative of "guilty until proven innocent" gets a running headstart.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ewert86PC View Post
    And in the meanwhile, the narrative of "guilty until proven innocent" gets a running headstart.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah itís pretty bad how people can even make a comment about anything on this regarding heís guilty or not guilty. Itís entirely too early to point fingers at anyone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •