Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

So far no charges. Have until noon on Tuesday to file charges if they want to.

Default Gophers wrestlers Steveson & Martinez jailed on suspicion of sexual conduct

Both Gable Steveson and Dylan Martinez were arrested on Saturday evening on a suspicion of a criminal sexual act. Steveson is 19, Martinez is 21.

Details are still unfolding on this situation. The University of Minnesota's Athletic Department has said that both student-athletes are suspended indefinitely from team activities.

Star Tribune Article

Pioneer Press

ows_156078587787896.jpg

ows_156078588020225.jpg

go Twins & Gophers go.

Meanwhile I'm sure it sucks sitting in a jail. Has to be an eye awakener.

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    Meanwhile I'm sure it sucks sitting in a jail. Has to be an eye awakener.
    Can confirm. I spent a night in jail in my early 20's and it definitely sucks. Spent half the next day in various holding cells waiting to see the judge. 12 years later, I haven't had so much as a speeding ticket.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

They've been released with no charges

https://kstp.com/news/hennepin-count...tlers/5393970/

Let the kangaroo court proceedings commence...

Quote Originally Posted by CurveballJesus View Post
    They've been released with no charges

https://kstp.com/news/hennepin-count...tlers/5393970/

Let the kangaroo court proceedings commence...
    Aaaannnddd Guilty Until Proven Innocent lengthens its lead.....

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhal...exual-conduct/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ewert86PC; 06-18-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Released with no charges filed.

Next up? The U of M's clown show.
    Gopher football backer since '62.
    Current GopherHole walk on.

If by “Clown show” you mean investigation process that the school is forced to conduct according to federal law, then yes.

If this is a hazing act gone wrong, it would have to be pretty serious I would think for his roommate to call the police and report it as sexual assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    If by “Clown show” you mean investigation process that the school is forced to conduct according to federal law, then yes.

If this is a hazing act gone wrong, it would have to be pretty serious I would think for his roommate to call the police and report it as sexual assault.
    Curious, where did the "hazing" aspect come from? Is there information that this was something hazing related?

Still pretty perverted thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Ewert86PC View Post
    Aaaannnddd Guilty Until Proven Innocent lengthens its lead.....

https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhal...exual-conduct/

"Major NXT Prospect" has absolutely no proof or meaning, he's a college freshman still. Mike Rallis still on the roster but he isn't getting any TV time.

Blog Entries

Yes, that is the one. The one that has been shown to be off the charts inept in the past.
    Gopher football backer since '62.
    Current GopherHole walk on.

Yes, Clown Show. The process that lets "investigators" make up "facts" about people who were not involved just to fit their narrative.

"So, you weren't at the event in question on 12 June 2019 because you were in France and have evidence and witnesses corroborating that? Well, our 'investigator' believes you were there because the victim thinks they thought your name during said event. Guilty. Guilty until proven innocent."

Federally mandated or not, it is still administered by the university, so they can skew it with their bias.

"The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by WoodburyTim View Post
    Curious, where did the "hazing" aspect come from? Is there information that this was something hazing related?
    I made it up out of thin air, as a wild guess. No reports citing hazing that I’ve seen.

Why would two male male wrestlers sexually assault another male using an object? Seems about as bizarre as anything. So I guessed it had something to do with hazing or some tradition like that, gone overboard or awry.