New York Jets 2019 rookie profile: Blake Cashman, LB

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Smith:

The New York Jets selected linebacker Blake Cashman in the fifth round, 157th overall, in the 2019 NFL Draft. Here, we take a look at his rookie profile.

The New York Jets selected linebacker Blake Cashman with the 157th overall pick 2019 NFL Draft. There is no guarantee that the fifth-round selection from Minnesota will definitely make the opening day roster but I would not bet against it. The 6-1, 237-pounder may not have superior athletic ability but he owns a motor that never stops and he’s known as a tough, gritty competitor.

Cashman plays with a great deal of determination and has a real nose for the football. He’s a former walk-on who turned himself into the team captain of the Golden Gophers. That’s really impressive.

He led Minnesota in tackles last year (104) as a WILL linebacker, including 15 tackles for loss. He chipped in with 2.5 sacks and was named to the second-team All-Big Ten squad. Cashman certainly won’t dazzle you with power and speed but don’t bet against him being a solid special teams performer in the NFL and a decent backup linebacker to boot.

https://nflspinzone.com/2019/06/15/new-york-jets-blake-cashman-rookie-profile/

Go Gophers!!

Bottom line. Don't bet against this guy. Go Blake!

Cashman certainly won’t dazzle you with power and speed but don’t bet against him being a solid special teams performer in the NFL and a decent backup linebacker to boot.

Huh?

People still think he’s slow, even after the combine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, I'm not easily dazzled.

Cashman’s play speed (he ran a 4.5-second 40 at the NFL Combine) and power are average at best, hence the late round selection. But he has to be one of the most tenacious defenders in the entire draft.

It’s unbelievable how much we have to put up with by peanut gallery dip****s commentating on this guy. Even with elite measurables and athleticism, game tape wacking them in the face they can’t get past white walk on from MN. The dip**** per capita ratio in NYC/NJ is elite. You deserved better than that hellhole Blake. Sorry.

nm

Last edited:

It’s unbelievable how much we have to put up with by peanut gallery dip****s commentating on this guy. Even with elite measurables and athleticism, game tape wacking them in the face they can’t get past white walk on from MN. The dip**** per capita ratio in NYC/NJ is elite. You deserved better than that hellhole Blake. Sorry.

[emoji119][emoji119][emoji119]
Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom