Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Even though he decided to for go his senior season?
    Quote Originally Posted by bemidjigopher View Post
    That and the U will still pay for his education

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBall View Post
    Yep, from an academic standpoint there is no downside to this for Amir

Blog Entries

The odds are very long to get drafted with only 60 slots.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Great News!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBall View Post
    It's quite possible that when you factor in summer semesters, he may only need one more semester to graduate. I would guess the school would fund that, regardless. It's the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    It's quite possible that when you factor in summer semesters, he may only need one more semester to graduate. I would guess the school would fund that, regardless. It's the right thing to do.
    There is a NCAA rule in place about it. He can come back to finish his degree and it will be paid for.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/flexibilit...getting-degree

"Division I schools will be required to pay for tuition, fees and books for basketball players who leave school and return later to the same school to earn their degree. Former student-athletes will be eligible for financial assistance to complete their first degree if they were on scholarship and fewer than 10 years have passed since they left school."

per Shooter:

Ex-Gopher Amir Coffey’s free agent deal with the Los Angeles Clippers is expected to be $480,000 over two G League seasons. Clippers coach Doc Rivers has been seeking small forwards.

One reason Coffey wasn’t drafted is that he didn’t shoot well during NBA workouts. Besides the Clippers, the Chicago Bulls and Portland Trail Blazers were interested.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/06/2...e-are-keepers/

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per Shooter:

Ex-Gopher Amir Coffey’s free agent deal with the Los Angeles Clippers is expected to be $480,000 over two G League seasons. Clippers coach Doc Rivers has been seeking small forwards.

One reason Coffey wasn’t drafted is that he didn’t shoot well during NBA workouts. Besides the Clippers, the Chicago Bulls and Portland Trail Blazers were interested.

Go Gophers!!
    $480,000 is a projection, not a guarantee.
    With both Amir and Jordan Murphy, I always thought if we had someone who could really help them improve their shooting they both would have been drafted. That's the thing I really admired about Beilien at Michigan, he could really improve a kid's shot.

per Sid:

• Look for former Gophers guard Amir Coffey to play Agua Caliente of the NBA G League. The Ontario, Calif.-based team is an affiliate of the Clippers, with whom Coffey signed a two-way contract.

http://www.startribune.com/new-class...oup/512006392/

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Go Gophers!!
    Wait, I thought local media reported he was shooting great during his workouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    Wait, I thought local media reported he was shooting great during his workouts?
    I remember them talking about how he was changing his shot mechanics, and there was also that video of him making like ten threes in a row or whatever number it was. Don't recall anyone saying he shot well in workouts. It's possible someone did and I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle22 View Post
    I remember them talking about how he was changing his shot mechanics, and there was also that video of him making like ten threes in a row or whatever number it was. Don't recall anyone saying he shot well in workouts. It's possible someone did and I missed it.
    I think Marcus made that claim when he tweeted out the video, but I don't think that was a workout with a team, imagine it's difficult to get footage from those workouts

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    $480,000 is a projection, not a guarantee.
    With both Amir and Jordan Murphy, I always thought if we had someone who could really help them improve their shooting they both would have been drafted. That's the thing I really admired about Beilien at Michigan, he could really improve a kid's shot.
    hmmm- maybe. Beilien is a great coach. I think he recruits great shooters and improves their percentage over time by making them understand where to be on the floor and what shots they can be successful shooting. I'd guess that this is a bigger factor than actually improving their mechanics - which is much harder to do after years of habit forming.

per Shooter:

Go Gophers!!

I'd be shocked if he made that while on a 2 way G league contract (over two seasons). That would imply he is playing in the NBA for almost the max time allowed under the contract. That said, it would be awesome so I hope he does.