Gophers land new German DE Melle Kreuder

So, with Kreuder being from Munich, I couldn't help but think of my mother-in-law who happens to originally be from Munich. She is a wonderful cook and I could have her whipping up rouladen and spaetzle for young Melle any time he needs comfort food.

In looking at that Hudl footage, I didn't previously realize there was much of any opportunity for German youth to play football, and I am probably dialed in to German stuff as much as anyone. It looks relatively well organized with marked fields, proper equipment, etc. etc. I'm curious, how many other places in Europe and elsewhere have opportunities like this and who organizes it?

So, with Kreuder being from Munich, I couldn't help but think of my mother-in-law who happens to originally be from Munich. She is a wonderful cook and I could have her whipping up rouladen and spaetzle for young Melle any time he needs comfort food.

In looking at that Hudl footage, I didn't previously realize there was much of any opportunity for German youth to play football, and I am probably dialed in to German stuff as much as anyone. It looks relatively well organized with marked fields, proper equipment, etc. etc. I'm curious, how many other places in Europe and elsewhere have opportunities like this and who organizes it?

Rindfleisch kurze Rippen, Rotkohl, und kartoffeln mit knoblach.

He looks like he'll fit in great with the culture.

Nice looking offer list.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nice looking offer list.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'd suggest that few teams are scouring Europe for D-1 football talent. Back in the day, people didn't do that for D-1 basketball talent, either, but the naysayers have been proven wrong. If this doesn't work out for the Gophers, so be it, but I like them taking this chance on one or a few players.

I'd suggest that few teams are scouring Europe for D-1 football talent. Back in the day, people didn't do that for D-1 basketball talent, either, but the naysayers have been proven wrong. If this doesn't work out for the Gophers, so be it, but I like them taking this chance on one or a few players.

Rugby skills transfer over to Football very well. There are about a half dozen former rugby players playing (or played) in the NFL.

Last edited:

Rugby skills transfer over to Football very well. There are about a half dozen former rugby players playing (or played) in the NFL.

About 6? Ever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forget what game(s) it was but we had some good scrums last year!

Top Bottom