Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Marshall, MN DE commits to Iowa

Yahya Black, lists at 6’5...also had Gophers, Dakotas, Kansas State, Buffalo offers. 247 has him as number 6 in MN 2020.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa/A...nn--132880000/
    Last edited by swingman; 06-15-2019 at 07:20 AM.

We arenít supposed to discuss other teamsí recruits on here. No one should care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

Default ****

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    We arenít supposed to discuss other teamsí recruits on here. No one should care.

Don't think it was put that way. Not interested in other teams recruits that we are not offering. Minnesota kid with a MN. offer has some interest on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by dlw4gophers View Post
    Don't think it was put that way. Not interested in other teams recruits that we are not offering. Minnesota kid with a MN. offer has some interest on this board.
    How about NE recruits we didnít recruit that get in legal trouble?

Consensus Top 25 Class, 4 of final 5, 80% underclassmen, Youngest Team, 2nd Youngest Team, Best Back-To-Back Classes Ever, 9 Scholarship Seniors, HS Teacher, 8-Hour Radius, Major Paycut

As noted on another thread, I've seen Yahya Black play basketball for Marshall. Big Body, moves fairly well. Put him on a college weight program and I could see him as an interesting developmental project.

And - FWIW - this is the same school that produced Blaise Andries. (plus former FB player and current Gopher Baseball player Drew Hmielewski.)

And Spoof - I think this has merit in light of prior discussions about in-state recruiting. Now, maybe Black wasn't a primary target for the Gophers. I don't know. But, he is still an in-state kid that is getting D1 interest from multiple teams, and is ranked among the top 10 prospects in MN for his class. And, he chose to attend one of the Gophers' primary rivals. I think that warrants a mention.

How about NE recruits we didn’t recruit that get in legal trouble?

That’s different because Schadenfreude.
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

Sorry to see this guy leave Minnesota.

Apparently from the commit pic they have a sign in their practice facility that says "The Road to Indianapolis Travels Through These Doors".

I look forward to our new B1G commish moving the game to his baby, US Bank Stadium, so that Iowa players and recruits get to walk through "The Road to Minnesota Travels Through These Doors"

How about NE recruits we didnít recruit that get in legal trouble?

I'd be in favor of one single thread for all discussion of opponent recruiting.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Default YaYa Black

Quote Originally Posted by swingman View Post
    Yahya Black, lists at 6í5...also had Gophers, Dakotas, Kansas State, Buffalo offers. 247 has him as number 6 in MN 2020.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa/A...nn--132880000/

Not a good development with Black going to the Hawkeyes. I hope I'm wrong on this. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by proudgopher View Post
    Not a good development with Black going to the Hawkeyes. I hope I'm wrong on this. Time will tell.
    It is difficult enough beating the suckeyes as is. Now it becomes even more difficult beating them with MN. recruits. Somehow we need to put a fence around the State. Who was the last recruit from Iowa playing for the Gophers?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete smith View Post
    It is difficult enough beating the suckeyes as is. Now it becomes even more difficult beating them with MN. recruits. Somehow we need to put a fence around the State. Who was the last recruit from Iowa playing for the Gophers?
    Kieft

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by proudgopher View Post
    "Development"? Yup, program is in shambles.

Some kids in the south part of state want to stay there. Rochester CC and SWMS are not that attractive.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Blog Entries

Minnesota is increasingly becoming a hotbed for Midwest recruiting. Losing guys to Wisconsin, Iowa, and Northwestern has been going on for ages. Now add Nebraska and Iowa State to the list for football.

In forty years, MN's population grew from 4.05 million to 5.68 million this year - a whopping 28.7% increase. As the population continue to grow due jobs and other demographic indicators, MN will only get more attention in D1 sports recruiting.

Of course, we will talk about instate players that we'd lost to neighboring competition.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    "Development"? Yup, program is in shambles.

Some kids in the south part of state want to stay there. Rochester CC and SWMS are not that attractive.
    FYI - Iowa City is not in Southern MN